- Key Points
- Care & Tips
Euphorbia pulcherrima is the scientific name for these plants. the common name derives from the fact that Joel Roberts Poinsett, the first U.S. Ambassador to Mexico, introduced the first specimens to North America (1828).It is a sub-tropical plant, native to Mexico. # The showy coloured parts of poinsettias that most people think of as the flowers are actually leaves. # Poinsettias have also been called the lobster flower and the flame-leaf flower.
- Fertilise it with high potassium fertiliser.
- Water plants deeply and thoroughly.
- In early spring, remove dead stems from established plants.
- The image is indicative in nature. As plants are natural products, shape and size may be of varying scale.
- For flowering plants, the flower can be fully bloomed, semi bloomed or in bud stage.