Try These Mothers Day Cake Recipes
It’s Mommies Day! And We couldn’t be more happier for them! This is why we thought of sharing some Mothers day cake recipes that are sure to convey our good wishes and regards on this special day as sweetly as possible to all the wonderful mothers, out there in the world. As cakes are a mandate for every special occasion, we would suggest you bake any of these cakes by pouring all your love and beautiful feelings into them. No level of materialistic gift can ever match up to the wowness of a homemade mothers day cake. She will be bound to cherish all the memories etched into the cake for the rest of her life and will be forever grateful for a child like you. So without much ado, take some cues from these scrumptious-delightful yet appealing mothers day cake ideas. Don your baker’s hat and let’s start with your baking expedition.
Rosewater & raspberry sponge cake
- 225g unsalted, softened butter, some extra for greasing
- 225g golden caster sugar
- 4 medium-size beaten eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g self-raising sifted flour
- For the rose cream filling
- 150ml double cream
- 1 tsp rosewater
- 4 tbsp raspberry jam
- 150g raspberries, slightly crushed
- For the rose icing
- 175g icing sugar, some extra for dusting
- ½ tsp rosewater
- To decorate
- dried rose petals
- handful raspberries
Let’s Start Baking!
- Grease the two baking pan and line them up with parchment paper. Meanwhile, heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Take a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs and butter together until fluffy. If the mixture starts to curdle up, then add 1 tsp of flour. Further, add some vanilla extract and keep mixing the batter.
- Now divide the batter into two baking pans equally. And bake them for about 20-25 mins.
- Once done, let the cake rest over a wire rack for about 10 mins or so
. - Meanwhile, start preparing the filling. For the filling, whisk the cream to soft peaks, further adding rosewater to it. Then add jam to the mixture and continue mixing it.
- Now place one of the sponge cake layers and top with the cream mixture. Sprinkle some raspberries, then top with the other sponge.
- Now for the icing, you will need to mix the icing sugar, 2 tbsp water and the rosewater. Stir some of the juice of the crushed raspberries into it. Sprinkle some raspberries on top of the cake and arrange the rose petals. Dust some icing sugar to complete this final step of garnishing.
- Your rosewater and raspberry sponge cake recipe are ready to win your mother’s heart with their simplistic appeal and absolutely unmatched taste. Enjoy!
Lemon curd & blueberry loaf cake
- 175g softened butter, some extra for greasing
- 500ml tub Greek yoghurt
- 300g jar good lemon curd
- 3 eggs
- zest and juice 1 lemon, some extra zest to serve
- 200g self-raising flour
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 200g box of blueberries
- 140g icing sugar
- edible flowers, such as purple or yellow primroses
Let’s Start Baking!
- Start by heating the oven at 160C/140C fan/gas 3.
- Grease a loaf pan and line it up with a long strip of parchment paper.
- Now take a large mixing bowl and pour 100g yoghurt, 2 tbsp lemon curd, the softened butter, eggs, lemon zest, flour and caster sugar into it.
- With the help of a hand blender, mix all these ingredients together. Now pour half of this batter into the already prepared baking pans.
- Now sprinkle about 85g of blueberries into the batter and then pour the rest of the batter. Then again scatter 85g of blueberries on top of it.
- Bake this cake for about 1 hr 10 mins-1 hr 15 mins until golden. Check its doneness by poking a skewer. If the skewer comes out clean, then your loaf is ready to be served. If not, bake it for about 10-15 mins more.
- Let the cake cool down completely as you place it on a wire rack. Now sieve the icing sugar into a bowl and stir in enough lemon juice to make a thick, smooth icing.
- Coat your cake with this icing and add some edible flowers to garnish it beautifully.
- Your cake is ready to surprise your mother! Bon Appetit!