Dates Cake Recipe - How to Make Simple Dates Cake
Dates cake is made out of dates, milk and sugar. Dates contain many good and healthy nutrients for our body, such as calcium, iron, potassium, and magnesium oxide. So it helps to increases the rate of blood circulation in the body. Dates cake will help to metabolise all the food we eat.
Each piece of a date cake is filled with sweet, moist dates, creating a mouth-watering flavour that you are sure to love! It is a complete meal on its own as it contains dates, sugar, butter, and flour which give it a tremendous nutritional value that's hard to find in other baked goods your family may be accustomed to.
It has the perfect texture and sweetness level so that you can have it with or without any topping of your choice. So here is the recipe for a healthy date cake.
Ingredients You Might Need in This Date Cake Recipe:
• ¾ cup milk
• 18 dates, pitted and left whole
• ½ cup brown sugar
• ½ cup vegetable oil
• One teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• One teaspoon baking soda
• One teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
• ¼ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Step to Make a Dates Walnut cake:
Step 1: Heat the milk in a saucepan until almost boiling and stir in dates. Let soak for a few hours, refrigerated. For best flavour, refrigerate dates and milk overnight.
Step 2: Preheat the oven till 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C. Grease a medium loaf pan.
Step 3: Transfer milk and dates to a food processor, add brown sugar, and process into a smooth paste. Nicely mix in vegetable oil and vanilla extract with a few pulses.
Step 4: Nicely whisk flour, baking soda, and cinnamon in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Pulse flour mixture, approximately 1/4 cup at a time, into the date paste until batter is smooth; do not overmix. Stir walnuts into the batter with a fork and transfer to the prepared loaf pan.
Step 5: Bake in the preheated oven till the time a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
• If one is short on time, he/she should microwave the milk and dates together in a microwave-safe bowl until milk is almost boiling and let the mixture cool.
• The recipe above works well in an 8-inch cake pan if you'd instead serve it that way. You can also pipe buttercream or cream cheese frosting to decorate.
• If one wants to make two loaves, it is suggested to increase the temperature to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and giving the cakes an aluminium foil tent once the top of the loaves starts getting dark. Two loaves will need about an hour in the oven. Check cautiously with a toothpick.
Dates cake is one of the important deserts that is always cooked with much care. Dates cake is an exceptional food for weddings, BBQ parties. So here was the complete dates cake Indian recipe.
You can also opt for buying dates cakes and eggless cakes from an online cake bakery. You can also buy designer cakes like pinata cakes, as they are trendy these days and make a fantastic surprise for your loved ones.