Diwali 2022 - Laxmi Puja - Vidhi, Timing, Bhog, and Importance
Diwali, one of the most important and awaited Indian festivals, is also known as Deepawali. The day is marked by people coming together with family & friends and worshipping goddess Laxmi, lord Ganesha, and Kuber for prosperity, well-being, and good fortune. The festival is not just about bursting firecrackers, which should be avoided!), but it is about the triumph of good over evil, knowledge over ignorance, and light over darkness.
People aesthetically decorate their homes with Rangoli, colourful frills and bunters, earthen Diyas, candles, lanterns, etc., and exchange gifts with their near and dear ones.
Continue reading to know the Vidhi of Diwali Pujan, the correct timings to pray, and the things we put as offerings or Bhog.
Diwali 2022: Date and Puja Muhurat
The year 2022 will witness the celebration of Diwali on the 24th of October, Monday.
- Amavasya Tithi Starts - on 24th October 2022 from 5:27 PM
- Amavasya Tithi Ends - on 25th October 2022 till 4:18 PM
- Shubh Muhurat for Laxmi Puja - From 07:21 PM till 08:38 PM
Diwali Shubh Choghadiya Muhurta:
- Afternoon Muhurta (Chara, Labha, Amrita) - 05:27 to 05:42
- Evening Muhurta (Amrut, Chal): 05:29:35 to 07:18:46
- Night Muhurta (Laabh): 10:29:56 to 12:05:31
- Late Night Muhurta (Shubh, Amrut, Chal): 01:41:06 to 06:27:51
Diwali 2022 Laxmi Pooja Vidhi
- All the family members should gather at the home temple or the place of Puja.
- Offer Chunri, flowers, and Roli goddess Laxmi.
- Keep all the ornaments and other things related to the money, such as property papers, wallets, credit cards, debit cards, and cash, in front of Maa Laxmi in a separate Thali having symbols of Swastika made using turmeric or Roli. We do this to have the blessing of Maa Laxmi for monetary aspects and thank her for everything she has bestowed upon you.
- Wash Diyas and keep them in a thali. Fill them all with oil or Ghee and wick.
- Keep a big-size Diwali Diya in a separate thali on the base of rice grains; it will be an Akhand Diya that will stay lit all night. Remember that every Thali should have Swastika symbols made using turmeric or Roli.
- Light all the Diyas and offer Aarti Shri Ganesha (because every Puja should start with worshipping Lord Ganesha) and Maa Laxmi with a pure heart, followed by Vishnu Aarti and Kuber Pujan.
- Thank Maa Laxmi and all the deities for their blessings.
- Place the small Diyas in different places of your home, and let the big Diya be placed in front of Maa Laxmi.
What to Offer as Bhog?
Diwali is a beloved festival that should be celebrated with utmost zest. Prepare delightful vegetarian dishes that you do only on special occasions and offer everything to Maa Laxmi before the family consumes them, as a bhog. Make sure that there is no use of Garlic and Onions for the Bhog prepared for deities. The auspicious festival is incomplete without the Bhog of Diwali sweets, later served as the prasad.
Importance of Diwali Laxmi Puja
On Diwali, people worship Goddess Laxmi and God Ganesha together. Ganesha is the lord of wisdom and intellect and is worshipped to destroy life's obstacles and bring prosperity to new beginnings. Goddess Laxmi is revered as the Goddess of luxury, wealth, and fortune. According to Hindu mythology, Goddess Laxmi visits the house of her devotees on Diwali night and blesses them with great happiness, wealth, and luxuries in life. And this is the reason why we clean our homes from corner to corner before the Diwali festival.
Astrological Significance of Diwali 2022
Per astrologers, the positions of planets play a significant role in everyone’s life. On every occasion, the placement of the planets makes an everlasting impact on people; that is why they are of great significance. Diwali is a crucial occasion and an excellent opportunity for people to start new ventures, buy new things, including houses, and o great deeds. This year on Diwali, the conjunction of the Moon and the Sun can be witnessed and will be placed in the sun sign Libra, under Swati Nakshatra’s rule. The Swati Nakshatra is a feminine constellation linked to the goddess Saraswati which signifies a tremendous harmonious period. The sun sign Libra represents balance and harmony, ruled by the planet Venus. It also promotes brotherhood, respect, and good faith.
- Boss Day
- Grandparents Day
- Tips & Tricks
- Teachers Day
- Valentine Gifts for Boyfriend
- Valentine Gifts for Girlfriend
- Republic Day
- Online Flowers
- Raksha Bandhan
- Valentine Gifts for Her
- Valentine Gifts for Him
- Valentine Gifts for Husband
- Valentine Gifts for Wife
- Valentine's Day
- Women's Day
- New Year
- Mothers Day
- Father's Day
- Friendship Day
- Bhai Dooj
- Childrens Day
- Gifts For Father
- Gifts For Her
- Independence Day
- Interesting Facts
- Karwa Chauth
- Gifts For Wife
- Gifts For Him
- Gifts For Husband
- Gifts For Mother
- Gifts For Parents
December 01 2022
December 01 2022
November 23 2022
November 22 2022
November 22 2022