Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe
You don’t need eggs to make a moist and fudgy cake. With the help of this eggless chocolate cake recipe, you can bake a soft cake because it uses substitute ingredients like vinegar while taking care of the essential steps for baking a melt-in-mouth cake.
For all the vegetarian souls, and the ones who prefer eggless cake over the non-eggless variant because of cultural, health, or any other reason, here is the tested and easy eggless chocolate cake recipe.
A few tips to keep in mind before you start with the recipe:
● Use eggless chocolate cake ingredients of good quality and at room temperature.
● Measure the ingredients as per the quantity mentioned in the recipe.
● Do not use expired leavening agents, like baking powder and baking soda.
● Sieve the dry ingredients for light and airy eggless chocolate cake
● Do not overmix the batter it could lead to the flaky cake.
● Preheat the oven at least 10-15 minutes before you put the cake pan in.
● Let the eggless chocolate sponge cake cool before you cut or start with icing.
1) 1.5 cups of all-purpose flour
2) ½ cup of cocoa powder
3) 1 teaspoon baking soda
4) ¼ teaspoon salt
5) 1 teaspoon instant coffee
6) 1 cup milk
7) 1 tablespoon white vinegar
8) 1 cup granulated sugar
9) ½ cup oil
10) 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1) 4 oz of chocolate. You can use dark chocolate.
2) 4 oz of heavy cream
3) 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
1) Line round cake pans with parchment paper.
2) In a bowl, add sieved dry ingredients flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and coffee powder.
3) Add a cup of milk to another bowl and then add a tablespoon of vinegar. Let the milk sit until it curdles.
4) Now, add sugar to the milk-vinegar mixture until it dissolves. Add in the oil and mix well.
5) Add to the liquid batter vanilla extract and mix well.
6) Pour in the dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
7) Combine until no lumps are left. If you feel the consistency is not right, slowly add milk and combine. 30-40 seconds will be enough to get the desired mixture.
8) Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake.
9) Take a toothpick test and cool the cake.
While your chocolate cake without egg in baking, let’s prepare the chocolate ganache.
1) Chop the chocolate bar or brick into pieces.
2) On a double boiler, put a pan. Add chocolate chunks and heavy cream
3) Stir it till the chocolate melts completely with the cream.
4) For a shiny ganache, add a teaspoon of unsweetened butter.
5) Let the ganache cool down.
Assemble The Cake
1) Cover the entire cake with chocolate ganache or let it just drip it from the sides.
2) You can garnish the cake with colourful sprinkles, gems, edible flowers, fresh fruits; just like the online cake designs.
Eggless chocolate cake tastes just as delicious! Whenever you do not feel like baking, you can always order chocolate cake online in eggless variants.