Homemade Ferrero Rocher Chocolate Recipe
Do you recall the very first time you had a bite of those incredibly tasty and nutty truffle gourmet chocolates? Yes, we are in fact referring to Ferrero Rocher.
With a mouth-watering aroma, gently packed in pristine gold candy wrappings, decorated in a classic old school box packaging, this divine chocolate took our breath away the very first time we had the opportunity to indulge in them. However, being a gourmet international chocolate, spotting the Rocher in many local shops can be difficult. The demand for such exquisite chocolate is fairly sparse and on the other hand, the slightly steep price marking of this gourmet sweet is also a contributing factor for many chocolate lovers making their own homemade Ferrero Rocher. Now as a chocolate enthusiast, you may be keen on trying out these homemade recipes so that you can relish in the sweet nutty combination, but be mindful of a few factors before you start.
Some Key Factors to Consider:
- While the idea of being able to whip up some of your favourite gourmet chocolate in your kitchen is everything you have dreamt of, the process is going to be exhausting.
- Start this baking session with a positive attitude and keep in mind, you are not making the original chocolate but a homemade version of this gourmet sweet.
- Be careful with the many steps that are required to perfect the multi-layered candy.
- If this is your first time baking anything, be extra mindful of the below-attached recipe.
- Also, for all amateur bakers, focusing on the layering, the recipe and the overall outcome should always take precedence over the aesthetic appeal. No matter how your truffle chocolates turn out do not be discouraged. Once you perfect the recipe step by step, with significant baking experience, the appeal of the chocolate will look even more palatable than before. For now just focus on the taste and composition, the beauty and plating needs must come in later.
- It is also advisable for first-time bakers to have a second pair of hands assisting them if nothing about the cooking techniques and applications is not known to them.
Now that we have finished jotting down the advisories, let’s get started with our gourmet homemade Ferrero Rocher chocolate recipe!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total recipe completion time: 30 minutes
|Condiments||Baking materials||Nuts & Seeds|
|¼ teaspoon salt||¼ cup cocoa powder||½ cup whole roasted hazelnut|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract||½ cup molten chocolate||50 g hazelnuts roughly chopped for garnish|
|¼ cup maple syrup / agave||Plant based milk (optional)|
(Note: This is a dairy-free and gluten-free Ferrero Rocher recipe with only vegan-friendly alternatives listed above.)
1. Blend some of the whole roasted hazelnuts in a mixer grinder thoroughly while setting about 20 nuts for centre filling aside. The consistency that you must be looking for is a smooth fine paste. Use a powerful mixture for this step. Many bakers also like to add some plant-based milk to this mixture from time to time. If you consider doing so, kindly keep in mind that you need to add the vegan milk base little by little while the roasted nuts are being grinded. Using a food processor is easy while drizzling some plant-based milk. If you are using a mixer grinder, this entire process will take somewhere between 2 to 5 minutes. Check the consistency before finishing this step for a smooth fine mixture.
2. For the second step, add the ingredients listed under the condiments section (i.e., vanilla extract, salt and maple syrup/agave) and cocoa powder while blending them thoroughly with the already formed hazelnut fine paste. The end mixture must be sticky with a hint of moisture. The dry and flaky mixture will not hold any shape or form. Add some vegan milk at this point only if required. Hazelnuts are supposed to be of high moisture content and thus form a sticky mixture by default.
3. Once the mixture has formed, roll them up in small bite-sized balls after inserting one hazelnut per ball from the batch that has been set aside.
4. After rolling these mixture balls with single hazelnut centres, place them in the fridge to set. The considerable duration happens to extend between an hour to two hours. You can also consider keeping them overnight.
5. If your chocolate is not in a molten condition, use your baking skills to melt the chocolate in a water bath. Once the molten chocolate is ready, dip each of the balls in the molten chocolate with the help of two spoons. For a smooth chocolate surface, this process must always be done with two spoons where the baker holds both the spoons in their hands and takes the Rocher balls out while the extra chocolate drips off.
6. Without wasting time, before this chocolate covering starts to set and harden, toss them in the bowl or tray containing chopped hazelnut and coat the balls completely. Once done, place the balls in a parchment-lined tray or plate and let them be. Once the Rocher balls have hardened, you can either keep them in a container in the fridge or you could wrap them up before keeping them in the fridge with the classic golden foil coverings originally used in the Gourmet Chocolat.
Remember, though the shelf life of these Rocher balls is small, unlike the original ones, these are definitely a healthier option where you will have control over the proportions of the ingredients. And as valentine’s day approaches us, you can also use these homemade Rocher balls to create an arrangement similar to a displayed chocolate bouquet online.
March 18 2021
- Tips & Tricks
- Teachers Day
- Valentine Gifts for Boyfriend
- Valentine Gifts for Girlfriend
- Republic Day
- Online Flowers
- Raksha Bandhan
- Valentine Gifts for Her
- Valentine Gifts for Him
- Valentine Gifts for Husband
- Valentine Gifts for Wife
- Valentine's Day
- Women's Day
- New Year
- Mothers Day
- Father's Day
- Friendship Day
- Bhai Dooj
- Childrens Day
- Gifts For Father
- Gifts For Her
- Independence Day
- Interesting Facts
- Karwa Chauth
- Gifts For Wife
- Gifts For Him
- Gifts For Husband
- Gifts For Mother
- Gifts For Parents