How to Make Custom Greeting Cards From Your Photos
Giving gifts to near and dear ones is the ultimate way to show how much you genuinely care about them. The closer you are to the receiver, the more personal the present is; that's the rule! And which present can say "love you" better than amazingly made personalized greeting cards? This incredible gift has been around for a long time now, and some would argue that it's a bit old school, but old is gold! Greeting cards are definitely gold of all the presents, that is why one can find plenty of fantastic designer greeting cards online.
However, no designer card can match the feeling behind a handmade card filled with beautiful memories and emotions. One of the most popular customized cards is the perfect picture card, and today we are here to teach you how to make one. Don't worry, they may look hard, but you can easily make a charming surprise for that special someone. So, grab your art supplies, bring out the artist in you and create a creative piece of beautiful emotions with us!
All the things you would need:
- A4 or A5 size pastel paper sheet (in your preferred color)
- Double-sided tape or glue (whatever you feel comfortable working with)
- Hot glue gun
- Five pictures that you wish to surprise your loved one with
- Glitter, Beads, Flowers and basically everything decorative that you can and/or want to include in your card
After gathering all the fun things, let's get to work!
- First of all, you decide in what order you want pictures; you can make a collage of the photos or make a small book-like card and write your message on the back of the images. In any case, fold your sheet in half to give the basic shape of the foldable card.
- Now, if you have decided to go for the collage card, you will need pictures in a smaller size so that you can easily fit them on the card while getting enough space to write how you feel about them. First, decorate the front part of the card with the image you like the most and paste it with the help of double-sided tape or glue; after all, the first impression is the last, right? Cover the corners of the card with ribbons with the hot glue gun. Next, paste the rest of the pictures inside the card to allow you to write something about every image and how much the receiver means to you. Lastly, decorate the card with some beads, flowers, and ribbons as per your liking.
- Now, if you want to make a book-like card, decorate the front of the car as instructed above. Next, you will need your picture in size proportionate to your card, then take a pen and pour down your feelings on the back of every photograph and leave them to dry a bit. Next, carefully apply glue from the hot glue gun on the fold of the card and place your pictures on the edge, front-facing forward. Add some decorative things to make it look prettier, and you are good to go.
- Pro tip- Now, this is an optional step but give your card a different look and whole other vibe; put your card in an envelope, and making one is the easiest thing ever! Just take a sheet of paper, place it diagonally, and mark the floods from three sides to make a pocket. Next, measure your card with the fold to make sure that the card fits, then paste the folds together. Write something cute on the envelope or even decorate it a bit as per your choice.
Greeting cards are a way of expressing your feelings without uttering a word and when that card is handmade with lots of love, it's bound to make someone very happy! With a bit of help from us, make your near ones smile today!