How to Make an Eggless Whole Wheat Cake?
People are becoming health conscious every single day with the rise of new life taking diseases these days. Their choices in food and desserts are changing every single minute. They are taking their baby steps towards the world of fitness or the health, which has urged the baking industry to even kick start with some new healthy alternatives to unhealthy cake ingredients. Due to this very reason, bakers all around the world thought of coming up with the idea of replacing refined flour used in a cake with whole wheat flour. Refined flour is said to raise blood sugar and insulin and cause other harm to the human body which is why delicious cakes made of whole wheat flour have seemed to rule out the former ingredients gradually and for good.
Another such preference which has taken the entire baking world by the storm is the rise of eggless cakes. As not every dessert lover is able to relish cakes and other baked items made of traditional cake ingredients, i.e. eggs, bakers thought of coming up with the idea of eggless cakes in various flavours. Bringing both of these trends together, the eggless wholewheat cake came into the picture. The taste and appeal still remain to be absolutely unmatched and intact just the health quotient has increased in such types of cakes. Over today’s blog, we will be sharing an easy recipe of eggless cake made with wholewheat flour and jaggery. So without much ado, let’s start discussing what we need to bake an eggless whole wheat cake.
• 1.5 cups whole wheat flour atta
• 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
• pinch salt
• 1/2 cup oil 120 ml
• 1/2 cup plain yoghurt 120 grams, whisked and then measured
• 1 cup powdered jaggery 130 grams, measured after sifting the jaggery powder
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
• 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Let’s Start Baking!
• Start by preheating the oven at 350 F degrees. Take an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan and spray some non-stick baking spray on it and set it aside.
• Now take a bowl and sieve whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
• Now take a mixer attachment and pour add oil, yoghurt (whisk it before), jaggery powder and vanilla extract in it.
• Beat everything together until well combined.
• Now add half of the flour mixture and mix them together.
• Further, add half of the milk and then mix it all together. Then further add the other half of the milk. If the batter seems too thick, you can add some more milk.
• Add the walnuts in the cake batter.
• Now pour this batter in an already prepared baking pan. And bake it for about 40 to 45 minutes at 350 F.
• To check its doneness, prick a toothpick into it. Once the cake is done, take it out from the oven and keep it on a wire rack until it cools down completely.
• Your eggless wholewheat cake is ready to be served.
So this is how you can easily eat a whole wheat eggless cake at home in just no time and with only a few ingredients.