Krishna Janmashtami 2021 Date, Puja Muhurat
"Yatha deepo nivasastho
Nengathe sopama smrutha
Yogino yatha chithasya
Even as a lamp placed in a place free from any breeze does not flicker-this is the simile for a yogi with a controlled mind and an enlightened and spiritually enlightened personality.
Krishna is the supreme avatar of Lord Maha Vishnu. He is known as paripoorna avatar. Lord Krishna took the human form to be among his devotees and make them realize the goal of human life by practicing what he preached. He underwent many trying circumstances and bore them all patiently to show that patience pays.
Lord Krishna is the supreme power in this universe. He could have killed Duryodhana with his chakra. But he undertook the role of a messenger and went to Duryodhana's palace and suffered many insults just to promote peace and stop an impending war instead of taking to arms at the slightest provocation.
Krishna Jamashtami generally comes in the month of August every year. This festival celebrates the birth of Lord Krishna. He happens to be the 8th reincarnation of the famous Lord Vishnu. Lord Krishna was born in a jail at midnight and was to be executed the next day by his evil uncle Kansa. Krishna's father Vasudeva, managed to escape with Krishna and hand him over to his friends Nanda and Yashoda to bring him up.
As a child Krishna was very mischievous. He used to break the earthen pot in which his mother would store butter and milk. Whereas, in many families, Krishna Janmashtami cake and dessert is shared with stories and teachings of the Lord after all rituals and pooja is over.
Lord Krishna birth date celebrations this year:
Janmashtami 2021 is going to be celebrated on 30 August, Monday.
Why do we celebrate Janmashtami?
The divine Lord Krishna’s birth is a Hindu festival called Janmashtami that is celebrated each year on the Krishna paksha ashtami of the holy Bhadra month just after Shravana according to Hindu holy calendar.
Here are some of the rituals on the occasion of Janmashtami:
Inside the House:
It is believed that Lord Krishna was born at 12 o’clock on midnight. During this period of celebration, Krishna bhajans are presented by the Lord’s followers and devotees. Devotees observe fast for the whole day of Saptmi because it is believed that the action of fasting ensures protection of the nanhe Lord Krishna. His holy idol is bathed and adorned in fancy clothes and bejeweled jewellery. Child footprints are drawn by the ladies of the household with a thick rice flour paste.
The footprints are made in the way as to depict that the mighty Lord Krishna is walking towards the house and eventually on to his crib like throne, that is placed surrounded by glamorous decorations in the Pooja room. Of course you can decorate your house with various beautifying accessories such as garlands, loose flowers, rangoli, rice and fairy lights as well as decorative embellishments. Making sweets and sharing a special Janmashtami cake will also help you bond with your family and friends better on this occasion.
With Fellow Devotees:
Janmashtami plays an important role as a festival. It is celebrated majorly as ‘Dahi Handi'. In his youth, Lord Krishna was named as Makhan Chor and that is the reason this occasion happens on each Krishna Janmashtami in which Dahi Handi is held tight. Devotees form a human pyramid and stand underneath the suspended handi that is filled with dahi. Then among the trained crowd of devotees, someone who is capable enough to reach to the top of the said human pyramid. They then smash the handi by hitting it hard, making the dahi pour out.
At many places ‘Dahi Handi’ is a competition where different teams take part and whichever team breaks the Handi, is declared as the rightful winner. Raas-leela is another very popular tradition in the area called Brij. It is believed that Lord Krishna used to play raas with Gopis so the trend of Raas-leela gradually became popular.
Speaking of the main centres of Janmashtami celebration, they happen to be in Mathura and Dwarka. There is a strong reason behind this. Lord Krishna was born and brought up in Mathura, Gokul, Nandgaon, Vrindavan. So these are the main areas of attractions. Dwarka on the other hand happens to be a very prominent place of worship as the prominent Lord Krishna had ruled in this area for a long duration.
Janmashtami Wishes Ideas
There are thousands of wish ideas that you can embark upon while sending heartwarming greetings on the occasion of Janmashtami. However, as the divine Lord Krishna had played such a significant role in the holy textbook of Hinduism, Srimad Bhagavad Gita, wishing your fellow well wishers with its verses will be much more impactful!
Here are some of the Shlok verses with wishes that are well suited to wish a prosperous Janmashtami to your loved ones:
1. Change is the law of the universe. You can be a millionaire, or a pauper in an instant. Keep walking on the path of truth and goodness with Lord Krishna. Cheerful Janmashtami!
2. You have the right to work, but never to the fruit of work. Believe in the works and divine spirituality of Lord Krishna. Have a prosperous Janmashtami!
3. Whatever happened, happened for the good. Whatever is happening, is happening for the good. Whatever will happen, will also happen for the good. Have a prosperous Janmashtami and may you keep on walking on the right path that has been shown by the mighty Lord Krishna!
4. When a person responds to the joys and sorrows of others as if they were his own, he has attained the highest state of spiritual union. Keep walking on the path of goodness and prosperity with the Lord. Happy Krishna Janmashtami!
5. Three gates to this self-destructive hell: Lust, anger, and greed. Renounce these three. Walk in the path of spirituality with the Lord’s guidance. Happy Krishna Janmashtami!
6. When meditation is mastered, the mind is unwavering like the flame of a lamp in a windless place. Cheerful Janmashtami to you and your family!
7. Calmness, gentleness, silence, self-restraint, and purity: these are the disciplines of the mind. Practice perfection. Believe in the Lord. Auspicious Janmashtami, may goodness be with you!
8. Set your heart upon your work but never its reward. Be kind and be humble like Lord Krishna. Happy Janmashtami!
9. The soul is neither born, and nor does it die. Cleanse your soul. Keep following the footsteps of Lord Krishna. Have a cheerful Janmashtami!
10. We’re kept from our goal not by obstacles, but by a clear path to a lesser goal. The Lord’s path is divine and kind. Keep your beliefs pure. Have a prosperous Krishna Janmashtami!
Click Here to Buy Krishna Janmashtami Gifts Online