5 Mother’s Day Cake Ideas That You Must Learn To Bake
Mother’s Day is approaching fast, and we all know that many people would love to surprise their loved ones with some homemade food. Well, if you are one of those who want to make a great treat for your mom this Mother’s Day, here are 5 Mother’s Day cake ideas that we must learn to bake.
The classic chocolate cake is always a delicious option for a Mother’s Day cake. Make sure to decorate the cake with colorful sprinkles and icing. You can also add some colorful candies on top of the cake for extra effect!
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of canola or vegetable oil (or melted butter)
- 1 cup of water (you may need to add more depending on your pan)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt until well combined.
- Add in wet ingredients (oil/butter and water).
- Mix until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares!
Strawberry Lemon Cake
The combination of strawberry and lemon makes this cake taste amazing. This one will surely be loved by your mom.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Topping: (optional) 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced and tossed with 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease three tins, then sprinkle with flour to coat. Cut three circles of parchment paper to fit in the bottoms of each container.
- Mix the eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl using a hand mixer and beat until the mixture triples in volume, is thick and pale yellow in color.
- Blend the mixture until smooth, then gradually add the olive oil. Add the vanilla extract, lemon zest and lemon juice to a mixing bowl along with the milk.
- Place the flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl. Gently incorporate the dry ingredients into the liquid batter with a spatula or wooden spoon until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Divide the batter evenly among three cake pans. Bake the cake for 20-25 minutes, until they turn lightly golden and a fork inserted into the centers comes out clean.
- After 10 minutes, transfer the cakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Whisk the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form. Once the strawberry jam is incorporated, add in the whipped cream and continue to whisk until peaks form.
- To put the cake together, begin by placing one cake layer at the bottom. Then, spread a generous quantity of frosting on top of it, and add an evenly distributed layer of sliced strawberries. Repeat this process with the rest of the cake layers.
- Complete the cake by spreading icing on the top and sides of the cake, and decorating the top with the remaining strawberries.
Fruit cakes are made using fruits like apricots, cherries, and dates along with butter, flour, and eggs, which make them very rich in taste and flavourful too! We are sure that this cake for Mother's Day celebrations will be a hit.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 cup of mixed dried fruits (such as raisins, currants, apricots, and cranberries)
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9-inch (23 cm) cake pan and line it with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Then, stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk, and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the mixed dried fruits and chopped walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove it from the pan and transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cake has cooled, decorate it with your choice of icing and fresh fruits.
Strawberry Cake is one of the most loved cakes in the world. You can even try and make stunning cake designs for your mother with this cake. You can make this Strawberry Cake for your mom by following this simple recipe:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 1/2 cup of strawberry puree (made by blending fresh strawberries)
- 1 cup of sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and prepare two 9-inch (23 cm) cake pans by greasing them with butter or oil, then lining the bottoms with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, then mix in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients, alternating with the milk, and mix until just combined.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the strawberries until smooth, then add them to the cake batter and mix until evenly incorporated. If desired, add a few drops of red food coloring to intensify the color.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cake pans and smooth out the surface.
- Bake the cakes for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cakes to cool in the pan, then remove them from the pan and transfer them to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter together until smooth, then gradually mix in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract until the frosting is light and fluffy.
- To assemble the cake, place one cake layer on a serving plate, spread a layer of cream cheese frosting on top, then add a layer of sliced strawberries. Repeat this process with the second cake layer.
- Finish the cake by icing the top and sides with the remaining frosting and garnishing with additional sliced strawberries.
Pineapple cake is one of the most popular cakes in India because it has an amazing combination of two things that Indians love the most pineapple and coconut. This cake tastes like heaven and is not difficult to make either.
- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple in juice, drained (reserve juice)
- 1 box (15.25 oz) yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Whipped cream or frosting for topping (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Take any large bowl for mixing, and combine the cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and reserved pineapple juice. Mix until well combined and smooth.
- Add the drained crushed pineapple and sweetened shredded coconut to the cake batter, and mix until evenly incorporated.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared baking pan, and smooth out the surface.
- Bake the cake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely in the pan before serving.
- Optional: Top the cake with whipped cream or frosting before serving.
Mother's Day is a significant occasion, and we want to make it exceptional for the person who has done so much for us. As we have grown up, it's a chance for us to express our gratitude with exquisite mothers day gifts and appreciation to the remarkable women who have dedicated themselves to us completely - our mothers. This is a time for us to honor and celebrate their love and sacrifice, both through our words and actions.