Recipe to make mint chocolate chip buttercream at home in lockdown
There's no doubt to the fact that you are a fortunate person if you have the liberty to sit at home and still make a comfortable living during this pandemic. Many are working day and night and trying to make things better for the world. Our respect for our covid warriors, survivors and volunteers has increased multifold with the past days. During this if you think you are not in a position or don't have contacts to make things better you can still do your part by staying safe at home and not becoming a liability either. Although it is understandable that sitting at home all the time with nothing much to do can be tiresome and certainly difficult over time. The best thing to do during this time is to please yourself with scrumptious food. And sweetness is the best flavour for that matter. There's nothing to hide or think twice about beginning with a cake and you can do that by choosing an online cake shop and buy chocolate cake.
If that sounds regular to you can always switch to millions of other kinds of cakes that are there to make you feel happy including fondant, tsunami, poster, photo and fruit cakes delivery as well. But our idea for you is even more interesting and satisfying through which you can also spend some time into something fruitful without being stuck to your screen. And that is to make these scrumptious cakes at home with the help of the recipe we have for you. We will delight you today with the recipe of mint chocolate chip cake and tell you the recipe to make the mint cream.
1.The mint buttercream frosting
- First all the ingredients that you need can basically be some from the market you mostly have to put them together.
- Start with buttercream that you can buy in a pack
- Then comes a few drops of green food colour
- Use some peppermint extract post this and avoid using mint extract because the two happen to have different tastes and the latter is not preferable
- Then you need a chocolate you like to chop them finely and add to the freshly made frosting
- You can use fairly milk, Lindt, Hershey or any other chocolate you deem fit based on how hard or soft do you like your chocolate in the frosting or the cake overall.
2.The chocolate cake
The chocolate cake recipe has nothing to with the frosting, the recipe is completely independent of the cream or frosting you are choosing. You can layer the sponge with the same flavour as the frosting and make the two things separately. Here's the recipe to the chocolate cake:
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups granule sugar
- 1½ cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1½ tablespoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cup buttermilk
- Warm water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract 2 tablespoon
1.Preheat the oven - 365 degree Fahrenheit
2.Mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt using a mixer on a low speed.
3.Add eggs, buttermilk, warm water, oil, and vanilla and keep beating it on a medium pace until it is smooth.
4.Divide the batter evenly.
5.Bake for 30-35 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
6.Prick it in the center with a toothpick, it is ready if it comes out clean.
7.Cool for 15 minutes and then turn the cakes onto the racks and allow to cool.
There you have your perfect cake and frosting, all you have to do is spread it evenly on top and your scrumptious cake at home will be all ready.