Strawberry Shortcake Recipe - Easy, Quick, & Delicious
For all the sweet cravings of you, we have a quick yet extremely delicious solution. Any guesses? Oops, you have already read the title! Yes, we are about to serve you with the raw strawberries placed along with baked batter to create a strawberry shortcake.
People around the world are going mad over it, and every cake lover should have it once in his/her life. Upon that, if you are also into baking, then you must give it a try. The recipe that we brought you is really quick and easy and will give the most delicious result. And we will also tell you about the strawberry cake in a jar. But first, let's meet the star of today's conversation!
You should be ready beforehand with all the ingredients that you will need!
• 3 pints fresh strawberries
• ½ cup white sugar
• 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
• 4 teaspoons baking powder
• 2 tablespoons white sugar
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ⅓ cup shortening
• 1 egg
• ⅔ cup milk
• 2 cups whipped heavy cream
Steps To Bake Strawberry Shortcake
1. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees celsius.
2. Take the strawberries, slice them well and delicately, and mix them well in a container with ½ cup of white sugar.
3. Put the sugar-mixed strawberries aside.
4. Take one 8 inch round cake pan. Grease and flour it properly.
5. Take a medium bowl and pour baking powder, flour, 2 tablespoons of white sugar, and salt and mix them all together.
6. With a pastry blender, cut in the shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs!
7. Now make a well-like-hole in the center of the mixture and add properly beaten eggs and milk. Keep stirring the mixture until it combines well enough.
8. Now, as the batter is ready, spread it with dexterity in the prepared cake pan.
9. Now put the cake pan into the oven and let the batter bake for around 15 to 20 minutes.
10. You can check before 15 minutes; if the strawberry shortcake turns gold brown, take it out.
11. Let the cake cool properly at room temperature on a wire rack.
12. With a sharp baking knife, cut the baked batter into two equal halves.
13. Take sugar-mixed strawberries and place them on one half of the batter.
14. Put the other half on top of the strawberries and then top it with the remaining strawberries.
15. Your delicious strawberry shortcake is ready.
You can also try to decorate the cake as you like. Try using whipped cream in different flavours and some strawberry puree.
How to Make A Strawberry Jar Cake?
Well, you don't need to bake again, and you don't also need other ingredients. All you need for strawberry jar cake is a glass jar.
• After baking the strawberry shortcake, just skip cutting it and layering it with strawberries.
• Mash the batter softly in a bowl along with some strawberry-flavoured whipped cream.
• Now put a layer of batter in the glass jar. Place sliced strawberries on it and some whipped cream.
• Repeat the layering process until you reach the top of the jar.
• Used some finely chopped strawberries and strawberry pure to top it.
• You can try ordering a jar cake online to have a better idea of what exactly to do.
Don't forget to give a try to strawberry shortcake and strawberry jar cake. In case you don't succeed on your first try, order them from the best cake shop and compare what you missed. Hasta-La-Vista, Cake Lovers!