The Ultimate Super Fluffy Eggless Sponge Cake Recipe
Your search for the best vanilla sponge cake recipe ends here as we understand how difficult it can be to bake a classic vanilla sponge cake. What’s special about this recipe is that we are not going to use eggs. Generally, most of the cake recipes involve the use of eggs to make the cake soft and if you prefer an eggless cakes with the same taste, then we are here to help you with that. So, without any further delay, let’s get started with the eggless sponge cake recipe.
• 1 ½ cup All-Purpose Flour (Maida)
• 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
• 1 cup Curd (Plain Yogurt)
• 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract or Vanilla Essence
• ¾ cup Granulated Sugar (or 1-2 tablespoons less)
• ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
• ½ cup Cooking Oil (any low fragrance oil like sunflower oil)
• Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (356 degrees F) for around 10 minutes.
• Take either two round or square baking pans of six inches each or a single baking pan of eight inches. Grease the entire surface of the pan with butter or oil using a greasing brush.
• Put in some all-purpose flour over it and move the pan in all directions so the flour covers the greased surface. Now line the pan with a butter paper or parchment paper.
• Take 1 ½ cup of all-purpose sifted flour in the large bowl.
• Add 2/4 cup sugar and 1 cup curd (plain yoghurt) in another large bowl.
• Whisk it well until smoothen. Add 1 teaspoon baking powder and ½ teaspoon baking soda after mixing.
• Add ½ cup oil to this mixture. Use an oil that doesn’t have a strong fragrance.
• Now add 1 tsp vanilla essence or vanilla extract to the mixture and mix it well.
• Take the preciously sifted all-purpose flour and add it in the mixture.
• Mix it well using a spatula or a wired whisk.
• Mix it well until it smoothens and there is no white flour visible.
• Pour the mixture into the previously greased pan. Finally, place it in the preheated oven and bake for around 40 minutes at the same temperature until the top looks brown.
• Remove the pan from the oven and insert a toothpick into the centre of the cake. If it comes out clean, your cake is baked perfectly. If not, then place the cake in the oven for a few more minutes.
• Let it cool for around 20 minutes. Take a knife and run it on the sides of the pan. Place a plate or cooling rack on the pan and invert both pan and rack to easily remove the cake from pan. Carefully remove the parchment paper and let the cake cool a little more. The cake is ready to serve. You can garnish the cake with chocolate syrup or vanilla frosting or powdered sugar.
So, that’s the basic vanilla sponge cake recipe. Follow this simple and best sponge cake recipe at home and bake a delectable cake easily by following the steps mentioned above in the eggless cake recipe. You can avail cake delivery from a reliable bakery if baking a cake is too much for you. Happy eating! Happy baking!