15 Ultimate & Helpful Baking Tips From Professional Bakers
Here, we bring some cake baking tips for beginners, as well as experienced bakers that are offered by professional cake bakers. Not many use such tricks while baking something delicious and thus they miss out on opportunities to create something better.
Adopting these baking tips and tricks while your time at baking can help you to be one of the best bakers.
1. It is a lot better to invest in an oven thermometer if you want to bake something perfect. Many professional bakers say that not all oven sets are on the temperature shown on their screen and hence oven thermometers are helpful.
2. Always remember to sift all the dry ingredients together very well instead of just mixing them up. Doing this gets lumps out which may have formed in the dry goods.
3. Instead of just applying layer upon layer of frosting on the cake, first frost your cake with a crumb coat, then chill it in the refrigerator, and then frost it again to make it more beautiful.
4. Add a kitchen scale to your baking equipment as it is a very necessary thing. One of the professional cake bakers and chef Jacques Torres always uses a kitchen scale to measure every ingredient by weight instead of quantity.
5. Do you know that a cookie scoop can help you bake perfectly shaped and proportionate cookies every single time?
Also Read - Tips For Baking A Fruit Cake At Home
6. Having things pre-measured means you won't have to stop what you're doing mid-recipe and rummage through cabinets for measuring cups or ingredients.
7. One of the prominent baking tips and tricks that not many people would tell us about the space while baking something. So, when you run out of counters, you can use an ironing board as extra, portable space.
8. Using toothpicks and inserting them in the cake to know whether it's baked perfectly or not is good. But you can also try pressing the cake in the center, and if it springs back instead of sinking in, it's done.
9. Take out the cream in a bowl and keep it in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes before whipping it. It is easy to whip the cream when it is cold, and when the bowl remains cold it will keep the cream cool for longer. Don’t let the bowl rest in the freezer for more than 10 minutes because it can actually freeze the cream.
10. Whipping the cream using three whisks at once saves effort and time as it gets more air into the cream quickly.
11. If you are the one who doesn't limit to eggless baking then you can brush biscuits, rolls, and crusts with egg wash just before baking, to make them extra shiny.
12. Most professional cake bakers prefer spinning the bowl, while using the electric hand mixer, and not the mixer.
Also Read - How to Start a Food Blog: Step by Step
13. One baking tip that comes directly from our grandma's cookbook is to not think of anything as waste. A tablespoon or two of leftover batter could easily become a brownie.
14. If you want to bake a perfect and tasty cookie then one of the best cake baking tips for beginners is to let your cookie dough "ripen" at least 24 hours before you bake it.
15. Whenever you prepare chocolate dough and batter, it is better to use cocoa powder instead of flour to prevent it from sticking on the counter or the cake pans.
Baking is an art, and whenever we talk about art, there are so many finely detailed things improving which can bring results better than our expectations. These 15 baking tips and tricks that we have shared with you have proven results. And many renowned professional cake bakers from around the world use these baking tips.
You Maybe Interested - 10 Useful Gifts For Bakers