6 Most Common Cake Mixing Methods
Baking a cake is not a daunting task, but the method you apply can show your baking skills. The selection of ingredients in the right quantity and the process of mixing the batter will make you a great baker. Once you get proficiency in selecting the right method of cake mixing, you will be the king/queen of baking delicious cakes. Not a single man can taste your cake without praising your talent. So, this blog comes to you with a few cake mixing methods to make you a demanding baker. Follow these cake baking tips and bake something really tasty in your kitchen.
1. Creaming Method
The creaming method is an ideal method to get a soft textured cake at home so easily. The cake baked with this method will be easy to slice and stack in layers. It is one of the most common methods for mixing cake batter. The steps involved in this method are:
1. First of all, you need to beat the butter and sugar gently until they get fluffy and lighten in colour. After that, you can add egg and beat it one at a time.
2.Then, add the other ingredients like flour and milk to this mixture and mix them well just to combine them all together.
3.Now, you can put them in a pan and bake.
2. Muffin Method
The muffin method of mixing a cake batter is one of the easiest and quickest methods to bake a delicious cake for birthdays, anniversaries, and any other special occasions at home. This method includes the following steps:
1. Mix all the wet ingredients, including eggs and melted butter.
2. Then, whisk all the dry ingredients together.
3. Now it’s time to stir the mixture of wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix them well with the help of a spatula.
4. Now it is ready to be baked in the oven.
One of the major advantages of using the muffin method for mixing cake batter is that you can mix the dry and liquid ingredients one night before so that you can save your time in the morning and make the cake ready so quickly.
3. Egg Foam Method
Looking for extremely light and spongy cake? Go with the reliable egg foam method. This cake mixing method is easy to apply to get a cake that contains no fat, no egg yolks, and no butter. So, follow the steps:
1. As the name indicates, in this method, the process of cake baking starts with eggs. First of all, you should make the cake foams by using egg whites and mix them well.
2. Then, add cream of tartar (acid stabilizer) before the egg foam gets mixed with other ingredients.
3. Now, add the dry ingredients and leave the batter for an hour.
So, use this excellent method of mixing the cake and bake a mouth-watering chocolate cake or whatever the cake flavour you love to relish. This method will help you to get the best cake at home by following a few easy steps.
4. The Two-Stage Mixing Method
This method was specifically developed for cakes with a sugar to flour ratio of 1:1. The Two-Stage cake mixing methods are used to emulsify the butter or any other fat component in a sugary batter and the ingredients are added in two steps.
Here are the two steps:
1. Firstly all of the dry ingredients are added and coated with the fat component, only to be whisked into a dense structure.
2. For the second step, a liquid base such as dairy or oil or egg is added to this structured mixture and then stirred to create an even mixture.
5. The Biscuit Method
Among the other very popular methods of mixing cake batter, the biscuit method is thoroughness. It is a process of blending the fat component like butter into the flour in a way that it becomes flaky.
Here is a step by step analysis:
1. First, the cold fat component or butter is broken down into small pea-sized bits.
2. After the first step, the small bits of butter are added to a liquid base like milk.
3. This mix is then gently folded. The combination process continues until the mixture is completely even.
This method is used to prepare the crusts of pies, croissants, scones, etc.
6. Dead-Easy PMAT Method
This mixing method in baking is perfect for those of you who do not like to follow any rules. The Dead-Easy PMAT Method is an all in one mix. In this method, all of the ingredients are poured inside the mixing bowl and mixed thoroughly. This method of course is unable to produce supremely high-quality bakes and is used by amateur home bakers.
With these detailed mixing creaming methods for baking cakes, you too can whip up a decadent dessert in no time!
Now learn about various cake baking tools used to prepare the yummylicious cake.