Banana and Walnut Cake Recipe
What do you call a cake loaded with natural sweetness and punch of health? Well, it's a Banana Walnut cake. Yes, a banana and walnut cake is an ultra moist and light cake packed with the wholesomeness of walnuts and flavours of bananas. If layered with cream cheese frosting and sprinkled with crushed walnuts, the cake becomes another synonym of deliciousness, drool-worthiness, and delectable.
While ordering a banana walnut cake from a reputed bakery is convenient, baking one is like experiencing pure joy. Happiness will reach a whole new level when you get to know that this banana walnut cake recipe is easy and can be made with available ingredients in your kitchen.
So, let’s bake a supremely soft, healthy, and flavourful banana walnut cake you and your friends have ever eaten!
• 3 large ripe bananas
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 3 large eggs
• 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 11/2 cup buttermilk, softened to room temperature
Cream Cheese Frosting
• Block cream cheese, softened to room temperature
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
• 3 cup confectioner’s sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• Preheat the oven and grease the cake pans. (Every oven has a different temperature, so set it accordingly).
• Mash ripe bananas in a bowl ( If banana peel has brown spots, it is sweet. More brown spots means more sweeter banana). You can mash bananas with your hand or a mixer.
• In another large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and salt. (Sieve the ingredients).
• Using a mixer, beat butter until smooth and creamy and add sugar. (You can keep the quantity of sugar as per your taste.) You can also use brown sugar.
• Scrape the sides, add eggs, vanilla extract and beat until combined.
• Then add to this mixture mashed bananas and dry ingredients.
• Now add buttermilk. (Buttermilk will lend to the cake a silky velvety feel).
• Combine well until you get a smooth consistency. Do not overmix the batter. Make sure there are no lumps.
• Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake.
• Keep your eye on the cake. Once done, take a toothpick challenge.
• Take out the cake from the oven and set on a wire rack. Allow it to cool completely.
Make the frosting:
• In a bowl, beat cream cheese and butter on high speed until fluffy.
• Now, add to it sugar, vanilla extract and salt.
• If the frosting is thicker, you can add a cup of confectioner’s sugar.
• Spread the frosting evenly on a cooled cake.
• Top it with chopped walnut chunks.
• If you want, you can fold in walnuts in the batter as well.
• For the layered cake, divide the batter into two or three cake tins. On each cake spread the cream cheese frosting and stack the layers. Again, on the top layer spread the frosting and sprinkle walnuts. You can cover the whole cake with cream cheese frosting. Assemble the cake as per your imagination.
• As per your taste and preference, you can replace the cream cheese frosting with chocolate sauce, or you can skip the frosting and just sprinkle walnuts.
Your delicious and healthy banana walnut cake is ready to be served as an evening snack or after the meal. Do let us know did you enjoy baking this and how it turned out in the comments.
Till then, Bake healthy, Eat healthily!!