Best Happy Birthday Cookie Cake
Birthday of a loved one is around the corner? Already got birthday gifts? What about birthday cakes? Planning to bake at home? How about a cookie cake? Yes, you heard that right! A delicious cookie cake baked with love especially for your loved ones. All the scrumptiousness of a big cookie but in the shape of a cake. So luscious, so tasty - so easy to share and enjoy. The below given rich and luscious cookie cake recipe is the best way to celebrate birthdays or other special occasions! Read on!
- 11/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1- 2 teaspoon cornstarch (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 and 1/4 cup chocolate chips
For the frosting and assembly:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch cake pan.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar on medium speed until creamy and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract and eggs and beat until combined.
- Add the dry mixture and mix until combined. Do not overmix it.
- Bake it in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Check it with a toothpick. TIP: The key to perfect texture is not to over bake the cookie cake. This means you just pull it out of the oven before it's ready. The toothpick won't come out completely clean! The edges will be golden and set but there should be some moist pieces in the middle.
- Remove cake from oven and set pan on wire rack. Let cool completely.
Make the frosting:
- Add 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter at room temperature in the clean bowl
- Combine 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp milk and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract.
- Beat on slow speed until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off the mixer.
- Add 1 cup powdered sugar and mix on slow speed, stirring for 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in a high speed until the frosting is light, fluffy and doubled in volume, scraping down sides of bowl in half, 1 to 2 minutes total.
- Pour frosting to a piping bag and set aside.
Assemble the Cookie Cake:
- Remove the cookie from the pan.
- Place cookies on a cake stand or serving plate.
- Fill small decorative mounds of frosting around the edge of the cookie.
- Frosting Mound and Cookie Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp Rainbow Sprinkle
So, make the special day of your loved ones with special birthday gifts along with specially baked birthday cake. If you wish to order one online, there are a plethora of birthday cakes options available online. All you have to do is visit online and look for the best cakes as per your choice.