7 Characteristics of Water Hyacinth
Modern architecture and landscape art have lately become the trendiest and most quirky ideas to beautify your home and outdoors. To grow more plants and keep more flower vases in the house is a common culture, and millennials are in awe of the idea of living in a house that has positivity and an appreciable vibe all round the clock. To make the choice of your planter complement the decor of your house is surely a task, but luckily, online portals with great experience have your back in finding the plant that suits you the best. Plants have characteristics like air purification, creating a fresher atmosphere, and some are even known to bring luck to the keeper. Plants like lucky bamboo, palms, spider lilies, snake plants, hawoorthia, bonsai plants have a reputation for being the favorite. Plants that have newly caught the attention of millennials include succulent plants, water hyacinths, and mini plants and flowers. Today the hot topic of conversation is water hyacinth that has easily become the favorite option for all the people out there. Read on to find out 7 characteristics of the water hyacinth plant that make it a no.1 choice for everyone.
1. Water hyacinth is an aquatic plant and has 5 different species. Shallow waters, muddy banks, lakeshores are common places to find the plant. It likes to grow in areas where its roots can submerge in water. Aquariums and outdoor pools are where they are commonly found and beautified.
2. The water hyacinth plants all have slender rootstocks; the roots are evidently feathery, rosettes of stocked leaves. The beauty of the plant comes from its clusters of spikey flowers arranged properly in leaf axils. The leaves are seen to be spongy and inflated along with lobes of flower in the color purple that also have blue and yellow marking on them.
3. The reproduction growth of the plant is very high and is known to create clogs very often in streams that have a low pace of flow. However, the plant can be grown indoors in aquariums, fountains, and other beauty accessories that add to the home decor. You can fearlessly enjoy the plant by keeping it confined in a place where it can not reproduce and clog as easily.
4. The plant is less likely to fall in love with winters, and hence if you have one, it is probably a good idea to bring it indoors before it gets very cold. The season of winter depends on the area you live in, and you have to make the decision yourself, although remember to place the plant near a window where it can still receive at least 6 hours of sunlight.
5. The plant likes to be well hydrated. Their growing capacity is such that they do not even require doses of fertilizers and can easily maintain their growth. One important and different water hyacinth characteristic is that the keeper has to remember to keep rotating the pot. It ensures that the plant grows straight and does not tilt in one direction towards the sun, which it will do if not rotated at regular intervals.
6. During winters, the plant likes to stay warm, and hence bright lights are preferred. The point to be noted is that artificial lights, for example, fluorescent lights, are right be kept above the plant. And above it all, it is said that keeping a plant in the south direction near a window holds the utmost importance to keep it thriving.
7. The plant is as adversely affected by winter that it can even die with the lack of a warm environment or bright fluorescent lights keeping it warm. Hence in situations where the plant becomes too invasive indoors to keep it in the dark spot without light to control its reproduction that happens immensely otherwise