Creamy and Moist Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe
Turned vegan for the betterment of your health and environment? Well, that’s a great choice. Since you have adopted veganism, you are trying your hands at different varieties of vegan recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. What about the dessert? Curbing your sweet desires? Not a good idea at all.
Wear your baking hat once again and whisk out this vegan chocolate cake recipe.
Prep Time: 30 Min
Cook Time: 35 Min
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
• 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
• 1 cup soy milk or vegan milk
• 2 cups sugar
• 2 cups all purpose flour
• 3/4 unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• ½ cup + 2 teaspoon oil
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 cup boiling water + 1 tablespoon of coffee powder. Mix until the coffee dissolves
• 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
• ½ cup unsalted vegan butter
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• A pinch of sea salt
• 2-3 cups powdered sugar
• ⅓ cup vegan milk
1. Grease and flour two cake pans. Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius
2. Add apple cider vinegar and soy milk. Stir and combine. As it curdles, set aside
3. Whisk sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt thoroughly in a bowl until all the ingredients are combined well.
4. Add to this milk mixture, prepared coffee mixture, vanilla extract, and oil.
5. Beat with a whisker on a medium speed until everything is incorporated well. Scrape down the sides and combine.
6. Pour the batter into prepared cake pans and bake for 35 minutes. Bake for 5-10 minutes extra if required.
1. Add cocoa powder, sugar, vegan butter, sea salt, vanilla extract, 2 ½ cup of sugar and half cup of vegan milk.
2. Mix all ingredients with a mixer until thick, smooth and creamy.
3. If needed, you can add extra powdered sugar and milk to reach the desired consistency.
Layering The Cake
• Put a half dollop of chocolate frosting on top of the cakes and cover the top and sides
• Stack the cakes on top of each other
• Turn the cake upside down and cover it with frosting on all the four sides.
• Garnish as you like
You can make this moist vegan cake recipe for events like a birthday party, anniversary celebration, get-together or on any day when you crave for a moist and delicious chocolate vegan cake. If you like the recipe, do share it with your vegan friends and family.