Easy Eggless Banana Walnut Cake Recipe
A common sight at a tea party and an excellent sweet evening snack, an eggless banana walnut cake or eggless banana bread (as it is said) is perfectly sweetened for all those cake lovers who are much concerned with the calorie intake while resigning a piece of cake. A banana walnut cake without egg or with eggs is a moist, sweet baked dry cake made with mashed bananas and chopped walnuts. It could be served with a generous amount of cream cheese icing, chocolate icing or even just as a plain unfrosted loaf like a dry cake.
Talking about the history attached to this cake; it is said that this pound of happiness originated in and around the Depression Era of the 1930s when housewives were looking for a means to earn their livelihood. Also, around this period, people were introduced to the use of baking powder and baking soda in a cake as one of the primary ingredients. As people were finding it hard to shop for groceries, fruits, vegetables and other regular ingredients for baking, hence they started selling overripe bananas free to use them for baking some muffins and cakes out of it. Much later to this period, many home cooking books and shows started featuring banana cake and accompanied it with crushed walnuts in it. People loved how easily a scrumptious cake could be baked in no time and with fewer ingredients.
Without much ado, let’s begin discussing how to make the banana walnut cake without eggs in it, easily at home. Trust us; it is going to be a cakewalk for you as you try to bake your cake with this super easy banana walnut cake recipe.
● 3 banana, ripped
● ¾ cup sugar, or 1 cup depending on sweetness of banana
● ½ cup oil or butter
● 1 tsp vanilla extract
● ¾ cup maida / plain flour / all-purpose flour
● ¾ cup wheat flour/atta
● 1 tsp baking powder
● 1 tsp baking soda/sodium bicarbonate
¼ tsp cinnamon powder / dalchini powder
● pinch of salt
● ½ cup walnut / akharot
Let’s Start Baking!
● Sieve the maida, wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and salt. and once done, set it aside.
● Take the bananas and add sugar to it.
● Then, grease a 9 by 5 by a 3-inch baking pan with butter.
● Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
● Slowly -slowly, pour the banana mixture into the dry ingredients batter and mix until it binds well together.
● Add the crushed walnuts and use a rubber spatula to mix the flour mixture to this banana mixture.
● Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake it in for 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when poked.
● Once baked properly, take out the cake and let it cool down by placing it on a wire rack for about 5 minutes.
● Wrap it with a plastic wrap and relish it on the next day to enjoy its moistness and rich banana nutty flavour the day after.
● Serve it with a tea or hot beverage and relish it to the core.
This is how you bake a banana walnut eggless cake from scratch, like a pro. This recipe is so simple that even an amateur baker can bake a pound of happiness in no time and that too, perfectly. If you still aren’t quite sure of being able to bake this paradise on your own, then you can simply order it online from some reputed bakery and get it delivered as per your time and convenience.
Bon Appetit! :)