How to Make the Perfect Birthday Sponge Cake?
Birthdays are such special occasions which tend to give us all a reason to relish some cake. Some cakes which are absolutely show-stopping in its appeal and are sure even to tantalise your tastebuds. While some attend birthday parties just to convey their heartfelt birthday wishes, while others attend birthday parties to grab a bite of the birthday cake surrounding the special occasion. Sometimes, it happens that we are so bored of relishing those same old type of cakes which are filled with rich, chocolate ganache or with a fondant covering. Not that we are sick of it, we just wish for some change. Some change is terms of relishing a light, delicious birthday cake sponge maybe. What say? If you are one of those people who tend to fall for a less creamy or lighter cake, then we bet a sponge cake for your birthday would be perfect. It is dreamy and creamy up to the extent, and you will love it! Not just you but even if you are planning to surprise some of the loved ones who prefers light cakes then pampering him/her with a sponge cake on his/her birthday baked with your love would be like the best gift for them. If you are wondering how to bake a perfect birthday sponge cake, then read on to find out more.
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 12 servings
● 1¼ cups + 2 tbsp self-raising flour
● 2 tsp baking powder
● 4 eggs - I usually use medium but large also work well
● 1 cup soft margarine
● 1 cup + 2 tbsp caster sugar
● 6 drops vanilla extract
● 2 tsp milk
● Start by preheating the oven to 160ºC/140ºC fan.
● Line your baking pan with slime parchment paper and grease the baking pans with baking spray, melted butter, or oil.
● Take a large bowl and sift the self-raising flour and baking powder into it.
● Further, add the remaining ingredients, i.e., 4 eggs, 225g soft margarine, 225g caster sugar, 6 drops of vanilla extract and 2 tsp milk.
● Whisk together until all the ingredients are well combined.
● Transfer this cake batter into the already prepared baking pans
● Bake for about 30-35 minutes. Prick a toothpick or a skewer to check its doneness.
● Once done, place this cake on a wire rack for about 10 minutes to let it cool down completely.
● You can choose to top up the cake with any kind of your favourite frosting. Add some candies, chocolates, meringues and sprinkles to finish off the cake in a beautiful manner.
● Your birthday cake is ready to become the showstopper of the party!
So, this was one of the easiest sponge cake recipes that is sure to delight every guest at your party. Make sure to give this recipe a try and pour all your love into it. Something like this cake is sure to leave everyone asking for a piece more. It is sure to grab the attention of all. What? Don’t you think?
Well, Happy Baking To You!