Sweet & Tangy Pineapple Cake Recipe
Pineapple Cake is a spicy and tropical delight! This fruity cake is moist and filled with sweet pineapple chunks. So easy, it takes less than an hour to make it from scratch! Let’s get started with the pineapple cake recipe!
1. Cake flour or wheat flour - 3/4 cup
2. eggs - 4
3. Vanilla essence - 3/4 tsp
4. Round Cake Tins - 2 (8 inch)
5. Powdered sugar - 3/4 cup
6. Baking Powder - 3/4 tsp
7. butter paper
8. Chopped Pineapple - 1 cup
9. Pineapple Syrup - 1/4 cup (use canned pineapple to get syrup)
10. Whipped Cream - 2 cups
For the Icing
1. 8 ounce cream cheese, room temperature
2. unsalted butter, room temperature
3. 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
4. pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, crushed pineapple, vanilla, and coconut, if using.
4. Add the pineapple mixture to the flour mixture and mix.
5. Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
6. Keep the cake on a wire rack and let it cool completely.
1. For Cream Cheese Icing, beat butter and cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed for 3-4 minutes.
2. Slow down the mixer and slowly add the powdered sugar
3. Add vanilla and whisk for 2-3 minutes before spreading over cooled cake.
4. Use some chopped pineapple to decorate the top of the cake.
5. You can use some chocolate chips or almond slices to decorate the sides of the cake.
6. A few strawberries or cherries would also look great as a garnish on a cake.
Pineapple is a delicious tropical treat, an ingredient in most sour and sweet dishes and is used in many savory dishes. It is also added to ice creams, fruit salads, cakes, pies, yogurt, cocktails, punches, and other desserts. A great choice for sauces and marinades, pineapple can be enjoyed on its own, sliced or even in pieces.
Baking time can vary dramatically due to the moisture level in pineapple (some fruits are juicier than others), how well it was dried, climate and oven variations, and more. If you feel like the cake is browning too quickly before it is set up in the center, tent with a sheet of foil and bake until done.
That’s all! Try baking at home or order online from the online cake shop near you and make celebrations special and memorable.