Vanilla Vegan Cake Recipe
Cakes are the perfect dessert for any occasion. Be it a birthday or anniversary celebration; cakes are the first thing that comes to your mind. But are you someone who loves to be on the healthier side and wishes to enjoy these amazing desserts? If yes, worry not, for we have a healthier alternative for you. Yes, you guessed it right! We are talking about vegan cakes. Vegan cakes being healthier but equally delicious, will surely give you a healthy high. Well, what is more, exciting is that you can even prepare this cake at home and enjoy it fresh with your loved ones. Though you can buy vegan cupcakes, if you love baking, you can also try these cakes at home, and if you are wondering how to make a vegan cake at home, we have your back.
If you have never baked a vegan cake before, you can try your hand at a basic vanilla vegan cake that is easy and quick to make and will surely satiate your sweet tooth. Here we bring a vanilla vegan cake recipe that surely makes for a delicious cake. Try and taste it for yourself!
Ingredients For: Vanilla Cake
220g All-Purpose Flour
200g White Sugar
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
240ml Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
80ml Canola Oil (or other vegetable oil)
1 Tbsp White Vinegar (or sub Apple Cider Vinegar)
450g Powdered Sugar
45g Vegan Butter
4 Tbsp Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)*
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Any fruit of your choice preferably strawberries
Procedure For: Vanilla Cake
• Begin with preheating the oven to 350°F (180°C)
• Take a mixing bowl and sift the flour into it
• Now add the sugar, baking soda and salt and mix well together
• Now, add the soy milk, vanilla, oil and vinegar and give the mixtures a quick whisk with a hand whisk until just completely combined.
• Take a 7 inch round cake tins and grease them with non-stick spray and cut parchment paper into circles to fit the bottoms.
• Divide the batter evenly between both the tins.
• Put the tins one by one into the oven and bake the batter in each tin for 30 minutes
• Now, remove from the oven and use a toothpick, insert into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean then your cake is done.
• Move the cakes to a cooling rack and let them cool completely.
• Add powdered sugar, vegan butter, vanilla and half of the soy milk in a mixing bowl
• Beginning on low speed, mix with an electric mixer, slowly increasing speed. Add the rest of the soy milk, only as much as needed until it is smooth and creamy.
• If your frosting is still a little thin, add more powdered sugar, if it’s a little thick, add more soy milk (a drop at a time).
• The consistency of the frosting must be thick enough that it doesn’t slide off the cake, but thin enough to be able to spread evenly
• When your cake is completely cool, add frosting to the top of one of the layers.
• Add the second layer on top and frost it completely, using a knife to carefully frost the sides of the cake.
• Decorate with fresh strawberries or any fruit of your choice and serve right away.
Vegan cakes are available in many flavours, including vegan chocolate cakes, strawberry cakes, and much more, which you can surely experiment with. However, if you wish to escape the hassle of baking a cake, you can find an online cake shop and order one to satisfy your cravings!