Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
Cakes make for an ultimate delicacy! Whether it is an occasion or just an excuse to enjoy a hearty dessert, cakes never disappoint us. However, the sad part is that we cannot enjoy cakes everyday in our lives. Well, because of some obvious reasons, one of which being that cakes are a bundle of calories packed in one and are really unhealthy for us. But some of us can surely not resist their amazing taste and moist texture, for which we surely have an alternative for you.
You know that we can’t leave you craving for some cake without getting any, so we have got a better and healthier option for you which is vegan chocolate cupcakes which you can easily prepare at home whenever you have a sweet tooth. So, let’s get going and learn to bake healthy vegan cupcakes that would be healthy and delicious at the same time.
Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
1 and 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
1/2 cup White Granulated Sugar
1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup Soy Milk
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/3 cup Canola Oil (can use any vegetable oil)
3 Tbsp Applesauce
1 Tbsp White Vinegar
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
3/4 cup Vegan Butter
3 cups Powdered Sugar
3/4 cup Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp Salt
2–3 Tbsp Soy Milk*
Grated vegan chocolate shavings
Procedure For: Cupcakes
• Begin with preheating the oven to 350°F (180°C) and by the time, line a cupcake tray with cupcake liners. Now set them aside and begin preparing the better for the cupcakes.
• Sift the flour and cocoa into a mixing bowl and add the white and brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Mix together thoroughly to avoid unevenness.
• Now, add the soy milk, vanilla, oil, apple sauce and vinegar and mix well.
• You can also use a hand whisk to whisk out any big lumps and beat a batter of even consistency.
• Divide the batter evenly between the cupcake liners and let them settle for a while.
• Now, place the cupcake liners into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the cupcakes comes out clean.
• Let the chocolate cupcakes cool for a few minutes and then remove them from the cupcake tray and transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
• Meanwhile, begin preparing your frosting by adding the vegan butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt to a mixing bowl.
• Now, using an electric mixer, mix the contents of the bowl and start at slow speed, gradually increasing speed.
• Gradually add in the soy milk slowly, only as much as needed to get the right consistency.
• Your chocolate frosting is ready.
Decorate your cupcakes with this frosting and you can sprinkle the grated vegan chocolate shavings to make them look more appealing. Your chocolate cupcakes are ready to be served. This vegan chocolate cupcakes recipe is easy to follow and you will get delicious chocolate cupcakes out of it. However if you wish to escape all this hassle, you can always arrange for an online cake delivery to delight your loved ones.