White Chocolate Coconut Cake
We couldn’t be more thankful to all the bakers around the world for offering us the number of cakes that we all get to diggin these days. Earlier, it was just one or two kinds of cakes made available in the baking industry that were baked repeatedly on occasions like birthdays, anniversaries, or some other traditional festive occasions. But today, this picture has completed changed.
Now a person doesn’t have to bake a cake anymore (if they don’t feel like it); they can just order online chocolate cakes, blueberry cakes or fruit cakes in just a few clicks and taps within a fraction of seconds. Whatever one is in the mood to relish, they can now get it from some online bakery, extending their eggless cake delivery. Life has been made so simple these days!
Going back to talking about cakes, coconut and chocolate cake has been paired for good ages ago. We are pretty sure that you might have heard black chocolate or even dark chocolate cake being paired up with coconut shavings. But white chocolate coconut cake is something pretty unusual which we often don’t come across.
It not just looks tempting but is also a perfect choice of cake for the holiday season abroad. The snowball like appearance due to being overloaded with fine white coconut shavings over this white chocolate cake is sure to leave everyone amazed to the core. So let’s have a look at this easy white chocolate coconut cake recipe without any further delay. We know your mouth has already started to water. Isn’t it?
Ingredients for cake
● 113.5g white chocolate bar
● 303g canned Coconut Milk (not coconut cream)
● 285g) cake flour
● 10g baking powder
● 3g salt
● 170g unsalted butter, slightly softened
● 300g sugar
● 2 large eggs, room temperature
● 4g vanilla extract
● 4g coconut extract
Ingredients for frosting
● 113 g unsalted butter, softened
● 226g) full fat cream cheese
● 2x 113.5g white chocolate baking bars
● 12g milk
● 4g coconut extract
● 690g powdered sugar
● 396g Sweetened Shredded Coconut
Let’s Start Baking!
● Start by preheating the oven to 325 degrees.
● Meanwhile, grease and flours your 3 8-inch baking pans. If not 2 8-inch baking pans would do.
● Once done, heat the coconut milk, but don’t let it boil. Cut white chocolate into tiny bits and put it into this coconut milk. Let the white chocolate melt a bit, then stir it until fully smooth and melted. Set it aside for a while to cool down.
● Now take a mixing bowl and pour flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk all these ingredients together for about 30 seconds and set aside.
● Now take the mixer attachment and mix the butter in it until smooth. Then add sugar slowly and whisk it on medium speed for about 5 minutes or so. Let the batter become light and fluffy.
● Further, add eggs, vanilla extract and coconut extracts. Mix well until well combined.
● Now pour the flour mixture into the chocolate batter, alternating one another and mixing them simultaneously.
● Make sure you don’t overmix the batter. Now pour the batter into the already prepared baking pans equally.
● Bake at 325 for 22-25 minutes. Check its doneness by taking the toothpick or skewer test. If any one of these things comes out clean when poked into the cake, then your cake is ready.
● Let the cake cool down completely before you start frosting it. Place it in a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
● Now for the frosting, cut the white chocolate bar into tiny bits.
● Put it in a microwave-safe bowl for about 15 seconds and add 3 Tablespoons of milk.
● Take the bowl out and let it cool for a bit. Add softened butter and cream cheese to it.
● At medium speed, now whisk all these bowl ingredients together until smooth and fluffy. Now add white chocolate mixture and coconut extracts until combined.
● At low speed, gradually add until well combined.
● Refrigerate it for a while, then use it to smear on top of your white chocolate cake.
● Put this frosting between the layers, on its top and also on its sides. Press the shredded coconut covering the entire cake.
● Your white chocolate coconut cake is ready.
So, now that you have gone through this easy white chocolate coconut cake recipe, when are you planning to give it a try at baking? Don’t worry, even if you think you would mess up. You can always order a scrumptious white chocolate coconut cake from the best cake shop in your town and replace it. At least you gave it a try at baking, and that’s what truly matters!