7 DIY Raksha Bandhan Gifts
We are just two and half months away from celebrating Raksha Bandhan-- the festival that strengthens the sibling bond and beautifies the faces of brothers and sisters with a sweet smile. There may be some time in Rakhi festivities, but the spirits of sisters are high. They have begun with their Rakhi shopping; some are browsing the online portals while others are giving wings to their creativity, making a handmade Rakhi with love for their brothers. And many sisters are looking for ideas about DIY gifts for brothers from sisters.
What are brothers doing? Have you started with your gift shopping? Wait, have you even figured out the return gift for sister? Well, we very well know most of you go blank when it's about the Raksha Bandhan gifts. This year too, cash will be the shagun or gift your sister will be getting from you. Right? Do not let it be like that! Stay with us as we will make you ready with a perfect brother sister homemade gift.
Voicing the desires of all the sisters who wish to receive creative gifts in place of those purple, orange, green, brown currency notes, we have outlined DIY Rakhi Gifts with steps to make them. Brothers take a cue from these ideas, please!
For a bibliophile sister, bookmarks are the perfect DIY raksha bandhan gifts that she will be more than happy to receive than any materialistic extravagance. These bookmarks can be handmade by anyone, even the ones born without creative fingers in no time.
- Take a cardboard and cut a vertical rectangle out of it.
- Punch a hole in the centre at the top of the rectangle.
- Stick white or coloured chart paper on the cardboard.
- Write quotes or decorate it with stickers. You can also draw something if you like.
- Tie a ribbon on the hole.
- Make 4-5 bookmarks for each book and give her along with a set of her favourite books.
2. Coffee Mug
If coffee is her happy drink, then coffee mug is surely her happy gift. She may have plenty of coffee mugs in her crockery collection but the one handcrafted by you would have a special place in the collection and her heart.
- Take a white ceramic coffee mug. You can go for a coloured one as well.
- Take acrylic paints and decorate the mug.
- For a sparkling effect, you can cover the base of the mug with glue.
- Sprinkle glitter on the mug where you have applied glue. After it has dried, dust off the extra.
- Or simply, take a permanent marker, write Best Sister with hearts, and you are good to go.
3. Photo Frame
Siblinghood is all about creating wonderful memories with each other. Raksha Bandhan allows you to live those memories once again. This year, give a handcrafted photo frame-- one of the handmade gifts for sister on raksha bandhan that will adorn the wall of her room and heart with beautiful memories, forever.
- Take cardboard.
- Draw a rectangle. Now inside the rectangle, draw another one less in height and width than the outer one.
- Cut the rectangle neatly and hollow out the inner rectangle.
- Decorate the edges of the outer rectangle as you wish.
- Cut one more rectangle of the same shape and size for covering the back side.
- Paste a lovely photograph of you and your sister in the hollowed space.
- Fix a stand at the back.
4. Mason Jar
There are a million feelings you feel for your sister. She is your saviour; your best friend; your supporter; your everything. But, find it hard to express. Well, you can do that easily with DIY gifts for sister. So, here is a way that allows you to convey the unsaid-- a mason jar of feelings!
- Take a mason jar. These are readily available on any online or offline store.
- Give words to your emotions and pen down your heart on a chart paper.
- Cut down the messages and roll them into notes.
- Fill the jar with notes and candies.
5. Terrarium Plants
For the sisters born with green thumbs, there is no greater joy than receiving potted beauties. So, this is how you make terrarium plants at home-- evergreen handmade gifts for raksha bandhan.
- Buy glass gota vase, colourful pebbles, and coloured sea salt.
- Decorate the vase with salt, colourful stones, plants and other attractive stuff.
- Place in them hardy plants like the snake plant, jade plant, or any succulent plant.
- If it is a hanging vase, tie a rope at the top end.
6. Scented Candles
After a tiring day, all your sister needs is an ambient atmosphere and restful slumber. Scented candles in her room will give her the conducive surroundings appropriate for a night of relaxation. This brother-sister homemade gift is all about making her with the scent of your love.
- Melt wax in a pan on a medium flame.
- Add fragrance oil or petals of the flowers in the melted wax.
- Pour the wax into a candle stand.
- Attach the wick.
- Wait for the wick to get secured and wax to solidify.
- Cut the wick if it is too long.
7. Body Butter
Your sister swears by natural products. Homemade body butter is one of the raksha bandhan handmade gifts that will scream how much you care for her and her choices.
- In a pan put to boil half a cup of shea butter and light oil. ( You can use cocoa butter in place of shea butter. And for oils, we recommend using olive oil, almond or jojoba oil).
- Stir the mixture until all ingredients are melted and combined.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool. Add a few drops of essential oil.
- Move to the fridge.
- Once the butter starts to harden around the edges but is still soft, take it out in a bowl.
- Whip it for 10-15 minutes until fluffy.
- Now pour the body butter into a mini jar, fasten in with a ribbon, and a tag.
The list of DIY Raksha Bandhan gifts is long. But, we have added gifts that brothers can make without a sweat. All these DIY gifts are thoughtful and beautiful and will make the sister feel all your love warmth.
Which one are you going to make for her?