How to Grow Water Lilies at Home
It is wonderful to see buds of water lily popping out of water gardens and backyard or front yard ponds. This states how beautiful and stunning these flowers are. Water lilies are the aquatic version of roses. They are as widely popular and adored when it comes to any kind of water based floral arrangements. In the past, monarchs had these gorgeous flowers on patios and ponds decorated to give their home an extra appeal!
Growing water lilies isn't as difficult as many people think they are. Even though a water lily needs more attention than other houseplants, they are well worth it to grow.
Water lilies are beautiful flowers and if you can set up the right environment and follow some easy steps, you too can grow beautiful water lilies at home.
Water lily plant tuber or seeds
Growing water lily plants is a hobby and an income for others. This is because of the uniqueness of the plant with its vibrant white flowers as well. One cannot deny that a water lily is a very beautiful plant that can be placed inside and outside a house.
A water lily is a watering plant. This means that the plants usually thrive in a swampy and wet environment with the leaves floating on the top surface. These plants can also be bought through order lilies online.
1. To grow water lilies, you must consider its natural habitat. Meaning, you must duplicate its natural home at least 70 to 90 percent. This is to make sure that the plant will grow and have its flower in no time at all.
2. Now, choose a water lily that is easy to grow. This applies if you are still a beginner in growing water lily plants. However, if you are really into plants and you have a "green thumb" as others say, you might as well grow water lilies that are quite rare and hard to tend because of its sensitivity in growing.
3. Before choosing and purchasing a water lily, make sure that the leaves and roots are healthy. You will notice this if there are no yellow blots or pigments in it.
4. Watering a water lily is not required for obvious reasons. Though you can use a sprayer to water the water lily pads if their surfaces have been stained with dust to give a fresh look. But you do need to keep the water temperature around 21 to 22°C.
5. Fertilisers are also recommended to provide the proper nutrients needed by the plant to have a flower. You can search online or ask the expert in your locality who knows how to grow water lilies. In this way, you are sure on what kind of fertiliser you would want to use.
6. Keep in mind that water lilies must have enough sunlight during the day. This is to provide the plants an added supply of energy even if there is no sunlight at all. Just make sure that the temperature you provide for the water lily is around 21 to 22°C.
7. To control the sunlight, you can use green or black nets to cover the water lily's habitat. This is to provide proper humidity, temperature and protection from extreme heat and rain. Just make sure that the covering you make is at least 3 to 4 feet above the plant.
These are just some of the ways on how to grow water lilies. Bear in mind that you have to be patient in growing these beautiful plants. For sure, you will see the end result of your work: beautiful, healthy and bright water lilies.