How to Make Molten Chocolate Lava Cake Instantly
“Thinking of happy, beautiful things, one thinks of a chocolate lava cake.”
Everyone has a little weakness for molten lava cake be it coming in as an after-date dessert or after-party dessert. When there’s a scrumptious chocolate lava cake on a table there would be absolutely no sharing such is its deadly appeal and heavenly good taste. Lava cake has been a popular dessert which combines the properties of a flourless chocolate cake and that of a soufflé. A rich, fudgy chocolate cake having centred with luscious liquid chocolate sauce is what makes a chocolate lava cake so tempting along with all the other kinds. Here’s an easy recipe to bake a molten chocolate lava cake instantly at home, like a professional Michelin star hotel dessert chef. The best part about this recipe is that one wouldn’t have to think of having a mixer or to buy more than 6 ingredients or wait for long hours before it gets ready to be served. So our mouths have already started to water thinking of its decadence hence without much ado, let’s get to know how to bake this chocolatey paradise at home. You need ramekin or muffin pans to try baking this recipe at home.
• 170g high-quality semi-sweet chocolate
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (spoon & levelled)
• 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 2 large eggs
• 2 large egg yolks
• optional for topping: ice cream, raspberries, and/or chocolate syrup
Let’s Start Baking:
• Take the muffin pans or ramekins and spray some cooking spray or grease it to avoid the cake to stick with the surface. Dust some cocoa powder on it.
• Preheat the oven to 425°F (218°C).
• Meanwhile, chop the chocolates. Pour some unsalted butter on a mediumly heated bowl and add the chocolates on top of it. After stirring the batter into a smooth consistency, microwave it for 10 seconds. Set aside this mixture.
• Take another bowl whisk the flour, confectioners’ sugar, and salt together. Then take another bowl and whisk the eggs and its yolks until combined. Into a frothy mix. Then combine by pouring the egg mixture into the chocolate one.
• Use a spatula to stir it nicely into a well combined smooth mixture. You can even use a wooden spoon to stir the mixture. While stirring make sure there are no bubbles in the mixture. Use your whisking technique to get rid of any air bubbles in the mixture. The batter will be a thick one.
• Pour chocolate batter evenly into the already prepared ramekin or muffin cup.
• Then place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 14 minutes approx. Make sure to keep a check on your oven until the sides appear solid and firm but the tops still look soft. If you are baking in a muffin pan, then the mixture will take 8-10 minutes max to bake your chocolate lava cake.
• Let it cool down for a minute or two, then cover the top with a plate and turn your chocolate lava cakes to serve it to all.
• You can additionally add toppings like ice cream, raspberries, and/or chocolate syrup to add an additional wow factor to your already wow lava cake.
So, this was how to bake a chocolate lava cake at home with ease. Share this recipe amongst your friends and family!
Bon Appetit! :)