Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe
After a long day, week, month, or even a year focusing on making your dreams a reality, we somehow have a tough time catching up on the missed fun. A moist cake is a great way to reward the time and efforts you have invested in a brighter future and making one is quite as easy as slicing through a moist chocolate cake, considering that you have the recipe, ingredients, and bakeware. You can quickly rush to the kitchen, whip up the ingredients, and bake all this without even missing part of your favourite episode.
You might be looking up for a recipe? The simple moist chocolate cake recipe is something you can easily make without hitting your head on the wall. So if you are having a cake craving, family gathering, birthday party, or any other last-minute preparations for events and special occasions, think of a super moist chocolate cake. So, open up a fresh page in your favourite recipe book and add one more scrumptious cake recipe. Because in this post, we share a moist chocolate recipe.
Take a look. Simple ingredients and steps on how to make moist chocolate cake: Preparation time is approximately around 15 minutes, and the cooking time is at most 35 minutes. This recipe is for a 12 serving cake.
• 1 ¾ cups of all-purpose flour
• 2 cups of fine white sugar
• ¾ cup original cocoa powder
• 1 ½ teaspoon of baking soda
• ¾ teaspoon of salt
• 2 average-sized eggs
• 1 cup of buttermilk
• ½ cup of molten butter
• 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
• 1 cup of hot coffee in a cup of boiling water
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 9 inch baking pans and sprinkle a dash of flour. If you have parchment paper simply line it in the pan circles and set it aside.
2. In a bowl, add and mix in your dry ingredients first - flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Then add in buttermilk, eggs, butter, and vanilla extract, and mix until the mixture becomes smooth. And pour in the hot coffee stir with a rubber spatula.
3. Evenly pour the batter into your two 9 inch baking pans and place them right in the middle of the oven and bake for 35 minutes. You can test if the bake is successful by inserting a toothpick in the center. You will know you have done a great job if it comes out with ease and just a few moist crumbs.
4. Allow the cake to cool for about 15 to 20 minutes in the baking pans, then use a knife to cut around the edges of the cakes. Now transfer the cakes to a cooling rack. So, you need to place a cooling rack on top of each pan and then flip it over. Do mind putting on your oven mitts as the cakes are still hot. Allow the cake to cool completely before frosting.
Chocolate Cake Recipe Variations
You can also make your chocolate cake as moist as you want. And also get to experiment with options such as chocolate cupcakes with creamy caramel and sticky frosting, sweetened whipped cream, and fresh berries. You can also tweak this moist dark chocolate cake recipe for cupcakes and cake sizes.
You will need to bake cupcakes at 375ºF for 20 to 25 minutes until the top surface feels a bit springy when you press. For different cake sizes, you need to use an appropriately sized pan. If you suspect the pan to be smaller, check the cake 10 to 15 minutes into the bake. Because a larger cake covers a wider space the heat is evenly distributed, so the cake will be cooked both on the outside and the inside. You can as well use your cooking thermometer to check if the temperature in the middle of the cake is slightly above 200ºF.
If you are just prepping for a fun filled day, the moist chocolate cake is a great pick, because you can easily freeze it to preserve it. All you have to do is wrap the cake in plastic wrap before keeping it in the fridge. And make sure to keep in mind the room temperature when serving.