Strawberry macaroons recipe perfect for Valentines Day
There are few cakes as delicate and stunning to look at as Strawberry macaroons. They glisten with sugar – the top just glazed so it shimmers pinkly in the light, and the bottom dusted with powdered sugar. The cake itself is stuffed full of almost-burnt strawberries– the sweet, slightly charred fruit has soaked into every bit of the cake, making it deliciously juicy and dense.
The three triangular layers that stack on top of one another could not be more elegant or distinctive. But, Strawberry macaroons are just something amazing. Wholesome and delicious, these macaroons are perfect at any time of day—morning, afternoon, or evening. Full of fresh strawberries, these will add a sweet boost of flavor to your day! So here is a recipe for Strawberry macaroons perfect for Valentine’s Day:
Tools and Equipment required:
- Kitchen scale
- Stand Mixer or Electric Mixer
- 2 large piping bags
- Round piping tip
- Large, flat baking sheets
- Silpat mats (or parchment paper)
- Scribe or toothpick
Stepwise recipe for Strawberry Macarons
- Prep Your Ingredients and Equipment.
- Weigh your ingredients.
- Now, wipe down your mixing bowl. Whisk the attachment with a bit of lemon juice or vinegar.
- Sift Your Dry Ingredients.
- Sift your powdered sugar and superfine almond flour.
- Make French Meringue
- Whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar at a medium speed.
- Whisk until the surface looks opaque and is covered with small bubbles.
- Next, add in the granulated sugar.
- For 30 seconds, mix at a medium speed.
- Once the sugar is incorporated, mix at a medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. This can easily be done with a stand mixer or hand mixer.
- Stop the mixer when you observe the texture as the meringue mixes, i.e. when the meringue begins to gather in the whisk.
- Mix the Dry Ingredients Into The Meringue
- Add an ample squirt of red food coloring then fold the dry ingredients into the meringue.
- Mix until the batter forms a thick ribbon and when it flows off your spatula when it’s lifted.
- Pipe the Macaron Shells.
- In a large piping bag, fill the macaron batter.
- Let each strawberry rest for 5-10 minutes before piping the leaves and stem, to give you macarons more dimension and definition.
- For a few times, firmly bang or drop your pans on the counter.
- This will bring any trapped air bubbles to the surface and pop them with a toothpick.
- Rest Your Piped Macaron Shells.
- Next, let the macarons rest until they form a skin (for about 30 minutes).
- They should look matte and be mostly dry to the touch once they’re ready to be baked!
- Preheat your oven, while the shells rest.
- Bake The Strawberry Macaron Shells.
- Bake only one tray of macarons at a time.
- To help them bake evenly, rotate the pan halfway through.
- Let the macarons completely cool on the pan.
- Then gently remove them from the Silpat mat.
- Assembling These Strawberry Macarons.
- Onto one macaron shell, pipe a ring of strawberry buttercream.
- Then fill the center with your favorite strawberry jam.
- Top it with a second shell.
- Repeat with the remaining shells. And you’re done!
So here was a recipe for Strawberry macaroons perfect for Valentine’s Day. These macaroons add a touch of summer to any gathering. A simple sprinkle of chopped strawberries and a dash of cocoa powder make them resemble ripe strawberries. Use other berries or chocolate chips if you like! They also make an amazing valentine gift and will always make an amazing present with best Valentine cakes or a valentine chocolate and surprise your loved one like never before!