Strawberry Sour Cream Cake Recipe with White Chocolate Buttercream
Bored of relishing all kinds of rich, decadent chocolate cakes so much so that you want a major change of choice? Then, give it a try at baking strawberry sour cream cake with white chocolate buttercream on it at your home. Although the name of this cake seems pretty long, it is a cake that can be prepared with some basic cake ingredients at home.
You need to give this scrumptious cake a try at baking to know how wonderfully the strawberry flavour of the sour cream cake compliments the chocolateness. So, if you want to know how to bake a delicious cake- like strawberry sour cream cake with white chocolate buttercream from scratch? Then, read on to find out more!
Ingredients for cake
• 170g unsalted butter, softened
• 400g sugar
• 3 large eggs
• 342g cake flour
• 8g baking powder
• 3g baking soda
• 3g salt
• 227g sour cream
• 129g strawberry puree
• 54g vegetable oil
• 8g strawberry extract
• Pink food colour - optional
Ingredients for strawberry filling
• 2 cups chopped strawberry
• 50g sugar
• 18g cornstarch
• 9g water
Ingredients for white chocolate frosting
• 339g unsalted butter, softened
• 227g white baking chocolate
• 575g powdered sugar
• 4g vanilla extract
• 42 g milk or cream
• 3g salt
Ingredients for garnish
• Fresh whole strawberries
• White chocolate candy coating
Let’s Start Baking!
• Start by preheating the oven at 360 degrees. Meanwhile, prepare three 8 inch x 2 inch round cake pans and grease them with baking spray or some oil.
• Now take a medium-sized bowl pour add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into it. Whisk all these ingredients until well combined. Set aside.
• Take another mixing bowl and add sour cream, strawberry puree, strawberry extract and oil. Blend all these ingredients together and set them aside.
• Take one mixer attachment and blend the butter until smooth. Keep adding sugar and meanwhile keep blending for about 3 to 5 minutes until it turns fluffy.
• Add 1 egg. Further, add the flour mixture and sour cream alternately. If you wish you can add a little pink colour to the mixture.
• Mix everything together until well combined. Now pour this mixture into the already prepared baking pans and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until when the toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Let the cake cool completely for about 5 to 10 minutes.
• Now let’s start with strawberry filling. Cut white chocolate into very small pieces and put them in a microwave-safe bowl and add 4 tablespoons of milk or cream.
• Microwave for about 15 seconds and let it cool down completely before use.
• Whisk butter and powdered sugar until soft and combined. Further add the white chocolate and milk mixture, vanilla and salt. If required, add a few tablespoons of milk more. Beat this mixture for about 3 to 4 minutes until it turns smooth and creamy.
• To assemble the cake, place the first layer of cake over a cake turntable.
• Spread the white chocolate buttercream from one end of the cake to the other. Then add half of the strawberry puree filling on top of that.
• Then add the next layer of the cake and repeat the same steps. Once done fill the gas in between and then frost the cake with chocolate frosting. Garish with some white chocolate curls and fresh strawberries.
Your strawberry sour cream cake with white chocolate buttercream is ready to be served as a drool-worthy birthday cake or anniversary cake or as a special cake for any other such special occasion. Make sure to share this sour cream cake along with a white chocolate buttercream recipe among all your baking enthusiasts friends and family. A cake like this is sure to leave everyone asking for a piece more.
Happy baking to you, folks!