White Forest Cake Recipe at Home
The winsome relative of Black Forest cake, the White forest cake! It is a unique variation of Black Forest cake, which uses white chocolate instead of the dark chocolate. Today, we are sharing with you a white forest cake recipe. Vanilla cake layers coated in whipped cream and decorated with white chocolate and sweet red cherries, White Forest cake is a sweet beauty perfect for an evening snack, gathering, and party.
Here are the steps to make simple and easy white forest cake, starting with ingredients, process, assembling steps, and some pro tips.
For Vanilla Cake:
● 4 large eggs
● Pinch of salt
● ¾ cups of sugar
● ½ lemon zest
● 1 tsp vanilla essence
● 1 cup all purpose flour
● 1 tsp baking powder
For Cherry Jam
● 250 grams pitted red cherries
● ½ cup sugar
● ¼ spoon of lemon juice
For Cherry Syrup
● ¾ cup water
● ¾ cup sugar
● 1 tbsp cherry liqueur
For Whipped Cream
● 1 ½ cup of heavy cream
● 1 tbsp sugar
● 1 tsp vanilla essence
● 1 tbsp vanilla pudding powder
White chocolate and fresh cherries for garnishing.
1) Grease the cake pan and preheat the oven.
2) In a large mixing bowl, whip egg whites and sugar at high speed until foamy. Once fluffy, gradually add sugar.
3) Another bowl, whisk egg yolks, lemon zest, and vanilla extract until blended.
4) Add the egg white mixture in a slow stream while whipping slowly. Continue until well incorporated.
5) Add to this sift all-purpose flour and baking powder. Fold in it until the mixture is smooth.
6) Once you get the right consistency, pour the batter into the cake tin.
7) Bake the cake for 25-30 minutes or take the toothpick test.
8) Till the cake is baking, let’s prepare cherry jam and syrup.
Instructions to prepare Cherry Jam, Syrup, and Whipped cream for this homemade white forest cake.
1) For cherry jam in a saucepan put cherries, sugar, and lemon juice. Cook until the mixture is thick.
2) To make the syrup, put a pot on the heat, add water and sugar to boil. After 2-3 minutes of boiling, take it off the flame. Let it cool completely and then add cherry liqueur to it.
3) In a large bowl, take heavy cream, sugar, vanilla essence, and pudding powder. Whip all the ingredients until smooth and fluffy.
Assembling the cake
1) Allow the cake to cool before you start assembling it. Also, make sure your cherry jam and syrup have cooled down.
2) Cut the cake into three equal layers. Use a long serrated knife or cake leveller to cut it.
3) Brush the layers with cherry syrup.
4) Now, spread vanilla whip cream on the cake layers.
5) Pour some cherry jam on top of the cream on all the layers.
6) Stack the layers.
7) You can also do it one by one. Like, take a layer, spread syrup, cream, and jam. Then put another layer, and repeat the process. And finally, the third layer.
8) Cover the cake layers with whipped cream.
9) Smoothen out the edges.
10) Decorate the cake with white chocolate and cherries as per your creativity.
1) Add whipped cream, chocolate, and cherries just before serving.
2) You can prepare the cake ahead of time.
3) Keep the prepared cake in a container in the refrigerator. First, defrost the cake and then start assembling and decorating.
Your white beauty is ready to be gobbled down!