Suji Chocolate Cake In Microwave
Cakes are a true delight and the best thing one can have in a party. The soft and fluffy base with the perfect frosting and flavor all combine to make your day sweet and full of happiness. Nowadays, there are a lot of varieties, flavors and types of cakes available and all loaded with calories. Well, we don’t mind putting in a lot of calories occasionally, but we understand if that is not the case with you.
With the festive season round the corner and birthday parties happening everyday, it becomes difficult to follow your usual diet regime and moreover it becomes more difficult to avoid the cake. If you too are wondering how to go healthy and enjoy the cake at the same time, we have a great idea for you. Prepare a suji chocolate cake in microwave which is healthy and you need not worry about the calories when enjoying the party. Never heard of a suji chocolate cake before? From the recipe of the cake to its benefits over a normal chocolate cake, we have everything for you to know about.
How Is Suji Healthy?
Rava or Suji is a derivative of roughly grounded wheat. The grain is rich in carbs and keeps you energetic throughout the day. Semolina is also believed to be a great source of iron and has zero cholesterol, is delicious and is ideal for weight loss as well. While one of the healthiest versions of cakes is a whole wheat cake, we all have to agree that it is dense and cannot be enjoyed as any other cake. However, such is not the case with a suji cake recipe. Though suji gives a little grainy finish to the cake, it is light, fluffy and as delicious as any other chocolate cake. Tempted to know how to bake this healthy cake and enjoy with your friends and family? Read on to find more.
Ingredients Used To Make Suji Chocolate Cake
A chocolate semolina cake is not only delicious but also very easy to make. It is made of all the basic ingredients that are easily available in our homes.
Here are all the ingredients that you would require to bake a perfectly healthy suji chocolate cake.
• 200 gm Suji
• 100 gm Powdered Sugar
• 30 gm Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
• 70 gm Curd/ Yogurt
• 80 ml Oil
• 200 ml Milk
• 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
• 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
• 1/2 tsp Salt
• 1 tsp Chocolate Essence
You can use alternatives to the original ingredients as per your own choice and convenience.
How To Make A Suji Chocolate Cake In Microwave?
A suji chocolate cake may seem something that you have never heard of before, but today let’s learn how to bake this delicious and enticing chocolate cake. Now that you have all the ingredients, let’s get going.
• In a large mixing bowl take Semolina, powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Now sift and mix the dry ingredients well to ensure the consistency of the chocolate cake.
• Add fresh yogurt, oil and chocolate essence to the dry ingredients. Now mix it well and ensure that it is thoroughly done.
• Now, start adding milk to it slowly to make a batter. Add half of the milk and keep the rest milk aside.
• Prepare a smooth batter and let this batter rest for 10 minutes.
• Meanwhile keep the oven for preheating at 180 °C.
• Now add the rest of the milk to the batter. The batter should be of pouring consistency.
• Add salt, baking powder and baking soda to the batter and whisk it well.
• Pour the batter into a greased baking tin (8” inches).
• Bake it in a preheated oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
• Once the cake is baked, take it out from the oven and de-mould it.
• Place the de-moulded cake on a wired rack and let it cool completely.
Your delicious and healthy chocolate cake is ready. You can either serve it to the guests or further spread a chocolate ganache over the cake and make it look and taste more delicious.
Things To Remember While Baking A Suji Chocolate Cake In Microwave
• Ensure you give 10 minutes of resting time when you soak semolina with wet ingredients so that the cake does not get a grainy appearance.
• If you wish to make Semolina cake without chocolate, remember to include 30 gm of suji instead of 30 gm of cocoa powder.
• Do not use stale curd. The recipe will completely get spoiled. Only fresh curd/yogurt that is sweet in taste.
• Use flavourless oil to avoid any unwanted flavors on the cake.
• If you feel that your batter is thick, add milk accordingly. The batter needs to be of pouring consistency, but not runny.
• Do not use roasted semolina for this recipe, use the raw one.
The richness of chocolate, added to semolina definitely sounds tempting. For all those who are diet conscious and love to stay healthy, this suji cake is definitely a hit. You can even bake this cake in a birthday party and customize it as per your preference. So, what are you waiting for? Try this easy breezy chocolate cake recipe at home and ensure the health and taste of your loved ones.