The Saviour - Homemade Hand Sanitiser
As the spread of the deadly coronavirus is increasing, it is much necessary to remain in isolation under lockdown. You should do your part in order to avoid COVID 19, and when it comes to preventing such a disease, nothing beats good old fashioned hand washing. As clearly stated by the WHO and many doctors worldwide that washing your hands and sanitizing it frequently or every 1 hour is an effective way to prevent COVID 19. So, it is advised to use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 % alcohol. Now, in such a time, there is definitely a shortage of handwash and sanitizers.
Well, if you don’t have access to a medical shop that is currently providing hand sanitizers, then worry not! All it takes for a homemade hand sanitiser is just three ingredients.
- ¼ cup of Aloe Vera Gel
- ¾ cup of Isopropyl or rubbing alcohol (99 % V Alcohol)
-An oil like lavender oil, tree oil or lemon juice will do the work
The way to making a successful, germ-busting hand sanitizer is to adhere to a 2:1 ratio of alcohol to aloe vera. This keeps the alcohol content around 60%. This is the minimum amount needed to kill most germs.
How to make it?
- Empty all ingredients into a bowl perfectly with a pouring spout like a glass holder.
- Blend the solution with a wooden spoon and afterwards beat with a whisk to transform the sanitizer into a gel.
- Empty the mixture into a vacant bottle for simple use, and mark it "hand sanitizer."
Adhere to these tips mentioned below for a DIY hand sanitiser.
- Make the hand sanitizer in a clean space. Wipe down ledges with a diluted bleach solution in advance.
- Wash your hands properly before making the hand sanitizer.
- Ensure that the alcohol you are using for the sanitizer is not diluted.
- To blend, utilize a clean wooden spoon and whisk. Wash these things completely before utilizing them.
- Keep blending the ingredients completely until they are well mixed.
- Try not to touch the mixture until it is ready for use.
How to Use Hand Sanitizer?
Well, the two basic things are that you need to rub the sanitizer into your skin until the hands are dry. In case your hands are oily or dirty, then first make sure you wash them with soap and water. Keeping these two things in mind, below are the tips to use hand sanitizer effectively.
- Apply or spray the sanitizer to the palm of one hand.
- Completely rub your hands together. Make sure that you rub the fingers and the entire surface of your hands.
- Continue rubbing for around 30-60 seconds or till your hands are completely dry. It will probably kill all the germs.
So, that’s all about the hand sanitizers. An alcohol hand sanitizer can keep you safe and will reduce the spread of novel coronavirus. Also, take the necessary precautions like social distancing, keeping yourself in self-isolation, avoiding going outside the home, eating hygienic food, etc. Stay home! Stay safe!and #givealittlelove.