How To Make Ribbon Flowers
We are quite blessed to have a wide, beautiful myriad of flowers in nature. But to add a little touch of embellishment along with a gifted bunch of flowers or some gift box, the thought of making some ribbon flowers comes to our mind. Ribbon flowers are usually handcrafted with some fancy, colourful ribbon to make it as appealing as the flowers, appearing in a garden. But we often wonder, how to make ribbon flowers beautifully so that it makes our gifts look even more gift-worthy? Answering to that particular question, we have got some easy ways to help you make ribbon flowers.
Gathered Ribbon Flower
● If you feel like making some ruffled carnation like flowers, then here’s how you need to make it. ● Take 1/2 inch wide ribbon and 12 inches long piece of ribbon of any colour. ● Then fold 3 inches from one end of the ribbon. ● Take a sewing needle and run it along the folds along the long edge. ● Now by pulling the stitching, gather the ribbon into making a flower. ● When you have arranged it into a flower, sew the loose ends together and if you wish you can attach a pearl or some stone at the centre.
Pleated Ribbon Flower
● Looks like a smaller version of loofah, but waits for it to be presented as an embellishment on top of the gift wrapping. ● Take a 1-inch wide ribbon. ● Now start making pleats on this ribbon starting from one side. ● Start sewing the pleats as you keep making it. Make sure the centre portion should be much more closely pleated than the outer edge. ● Then cut a circle from a felt base and stitch the pleated part of the ribbon on its edge - circling the felt centrepiece. Make sure to start sewing it from the outer edge. ● And, that’s how you do it!
Gathered Ribbon Rose
● If you were wondering how to make ribbon roses, then here we are with your answer. ● Take a ribbon of any colour of about 30 inches or more. The longer the ribbon, the more petals your rose shall have. ● Now make basting stitches along one edge. ● Once you are done with applying the stitches, gather the first fold very tightly. You will see once the rose has been made complete, it acts as the bud of the rose in the centre. ● Then gather loosely along the outer edge of this ribbon. As you keep gathering the ribbon, take the last raw edge and fold it to gather it with the base. ● You can secure the rose by tying the base of the rose with thread or a piece of floral wire. And your ribbon rose is ready!
Pleated ribbon flower
● Another way of making carnations can be made by plaiting it. Here’s how you all creative souls need to roll! ● Take a 1/2 inch wide and 20-inch long ribbon of any colour. ● Cut the ribbon into small, multiple equal inverted pleats. ● Once done, just roll the pleated ribbon into a flower. You can affix the base of the flower made with the help of fabric glue, or you can stitch it too. ● Your pleated ribbon flower is ready.
Knotty Ribbon Flower
● This one is the simplest ribbon flower among all the other ones. Make sure to read the instructions and try it on your own. ● Cut out ribbon strips of different lengths. ● Tie a knot in all of these ribbon strips - at the centre. ● Now with a knot in the middle, fold these pieces using needle and thread attached to the surface where you wish to affix this ribbon. ● Make sure the cut edges are together. ● Now layer all the ribbon pieces in the shape of a flower. ● For the inner layer of the flower, take the smaller ribbon strips on which you tied a knot. Assemble and attach them together. ● If you want, you can add a bead at the centre to add some extra appeal to it.
Voila! Hope this blog helps you to make beautiful ribbon flowers on your own.