- Key Points
- Care & Tips
Hibiscus, also known as rose mallow, is a plant that belongs to the mallow family. Hibiscus grows on well-drained soils in the sunny areas. Hibiscus is usually cultivated for ornamental purposes, but it can be also used in human diet, as a cure for various disorders and as a source of natural dyes. A tea made from hibiscus flowers is known by many names around the world and is served both hot and cold. # There are over 200 species of hibiscus. # Hibiscus is known as "shoe flower" in China because people use it to polish their shoes.
- Fertilise it with high potassium fertiliser.
- Water plants deeply and thoroughly.
- In early spring, remove dead stems from established plants.
- The image is indicative in nature. As plants are natural products, shape and size may be of varying scale.
- For flowering plants, the flower can be fully bloomed, semi bloomed or in bud stage.